A generator question

Rrloren

Keep us posted....I have a SPP6 and it didn't help.
The SPP6E worked, I have a spare SPP6 to give away!

I finally got the minor parts and installed the SPP6. Started it on the 20 amp house circuit with no problem{I was able to do this before installing the SPP6}. Started my generator and still the A/C would not stay running but if I start the fan only then switch in the compressor it will run so the SPP6 helped cause I couldn't do that before.
I checked the manual on my gen and while it is rated 4400watts surge and 3500 watts continuous it puts out only 8.3 amps. Not sure what my 13.5 a/c requires but I'll bet it's higher than 8.3 amps.
Anyhow I can get the thing to run so it was worth the effort.

Phatkd

I know this is an old thread, but I recently purchased a POWERHOUSE 3100 watt genny with the remote start. It has actually worked really well and is VERY quiet. I had a Yamaha 2400is which I sold. The Yamaha wouldn't start my A/C but the power house started it no problem, and ran lots of other things in the RV as well. I cannot notice a difference in db's from it compared to the Yamaha while standing about 15 feet away from both.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Although I don't boondock, I use a 2.5kW Coleman genny that I've been borrowing from the FD to do work at the storage yard. Thing weighs a ton, is noisy as all heck, and my time with the FD is getting shorter. Plus I don't have one for the rig, should the power go out at the site. So, yesterday, I went and purchased a Honda EU2000i. Thing purrs like a kitten.