About to give up on delivery

Wharton

I am curious, what time frame did the dealer give to you originally? I think 8 weeks or longer is fair during the "busy" season. The trailer may be off the line but each of these need to be delivered individually. Not like cars where they put 8 or more on a trailer. Be happy that there aren't FEMA trailers that need to be relocated. When that occurs the wait gets really long. You expectation that there would be a delivery person waiting for a trailer to be delivered is way off. FIFO is the methodology. Each trailer probably consumes 4-7 days of the delivery person's time.

We try to order in January, before the season hits, and generally get the trailer fairly fast. Ordering once the shows start up is the height of the season so it will take longer.

wildwolfproducts

Not to mention the name of the delivery company but I read on there website and did the math. If they deliver 7 days a week they average 41 rvs per day based on what the website said. So it is a large delivery company. It will be here sooner than later, so I went out and started waxing the rv that I am trading in on the Landmark tonight.

I know these guys that deliver campers, can only drive so many hours each day. And weather along with road issues can cause them to get off track. But the good news. Your getting a new LandMark. Plus get to wait when it make's it to the dealers lot also. Just a short wait but sure its going to be worth it.

Also thanks for the heads up on your dealer, so far there first price to us is the best one. Still waiting on 2 others though. Shoot there even in line with the dealer right by the factory.
Pete

DougAndJudy

FordMan1966 -

We went to our dealer to check on our 2013 Mesa. It is still not in either. But we did see a 2013 Grand Canyon there (not yours - build date was Feb 9...) Believe me, it will be worth your wait!

FordMan1966

The dealer told me yesterday that they had one Landmark arriving yesterday another on today and one Monday and another one on Tuesday. These are the 4 sold units and 2 more for stock will follow. So it should be here soon. Any idea when yours will arrive?

FordMan1966 -

We went to our dealer to check on our 2013 Mesa. It is still not in either. But we did see a 2013 Grand Canyon there (not yours - build date was Feb 9...) Believe me, it will be worth your wait!

DougAndJudy

The dealer told me yesterday that they had one Landmark arriving yesterday another on today and one Monday and another one on Tuesday. These are the 4 sold units and 2 more for stock will follow. So it should be here soon. Any idea when yours will arrive?

The dealer didn't give us a date, but I'm guessing that it will be the day after yours gets in... ;)

FordMan1966

Well I received an email from the dealer this afternoon where the Grand Canyon was picked up by the delivery company and should arrive at the dealer on Monday. Then start the PDI and ready for pickup on Friday.

hriker

You will be glad you waited. They will look your rig over very carefully before you get it. If your PDI is like ours they will have found most of the issues and corrected them. We only found a few minor issues with our rig and they fixed them right away. Good luck and have safe travels.

FordMan1966

Well the dealer called and the 2013 Landmark Grand Canyon arrived today. The PDI begins and will be ready for me to pick up on Friday.

FordMan1966

Well I went to see the 2013 Landmark Grand Canyon today and the dealer had started the PDI on it. The only thing I saw in the initial walk thru was the name on the outside said Key Largo instead of Grand Canyon. We had to laugh! The fellow doing the PDI had his laptop out going thru his inspection list. Quiet impressed, going to bring it home on Thursday. Oh it looks great without the ladder on the back, which was my request from the factory. I will bring it home in case I want to put it on sometime.

jbeletti

Oh man - you gotta be super excited now. Odd on the line adding the wrong badging - but it that's as rough as it gets, then it's a great day. Enjoy!

Jim