About to give up on delivery

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
FordMan, We have an "Eagle Ridge 34QSRL" badge by our front door. I figured the wall was built before the name change to ElkRidge in late 2009. It bothers me a little, but then again, it's a little tribute to the original floorplan we fell in love with, back in early 2009.

I am sure you can get the badge changed.

Erika

mmomega

AnyTimer
Hey isn't that the kind of trailer Jay wanted? A grand largo or key canyon?And big grats on the new RV! Just wait til the mod bug bites you...don't look at portholes mods or you may get bitten sooner rather than later

wildwolfproducts

Glad your unit is in K-Town and your getting it toward the end of the week. Guess our wait will start soon, getting closer each day to ordering the Key Largo. Its funny one place we got a quote from, asked for $5000. to order the unit. I told them that as Ok, no way was I throwing down that cash and not get it back if for some reason I did not like the unit when it came in.
Pete

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Well I went to see the 2013 Landmark Grand Canyon today and the dealer had started the PDI on it. The only thing I saw in the initial walk thru was the name on the outside said Key Largo instead of Grand Canyon. We had to laugh! The fellow doing the PDI had his laptop out going thru his inspection list. Quiet impressed, going to bring it home on Thursday. Oh it looks great without the ladder on the back, which was my request from the factory. I will bring it home in case I want to put it on sometime.

If your first name is David, then I saw a picture of it on FB. You have the same problem i have though, how to make a white truck blend into the choclate body paint.

Aren't you glad you waited now and didn't run out to buy a SOB?

FordMan1966

White matches about anything. Got it home yesterday afternoon and have already washed it.

If your first name is David, then I saw a picture of it on FB. You have the same problem i have though, how to make a white truck blend into the choclate body paint.

Aren't you glad you waited now and didn't run out to buy a SOB?

FordMan1966

Got it home yesterday afternoon. Already given it a good wash job and the wife has cleaned the inside. Going to pack it tomorrow.

mikeandconnie

Congrat's Fordman ,
I did go into your Grand Canyon yesterday and checked it out. Man it was beautiful! I also saw you waving as I was passing. I hope to see you soon camping. We plan to use the free park stay in Pigeon Forest the 2cd week in April.
I made it home with my rig and love the 6 point level up system. I have a broken shoulder and after a long day with one arm, I just push the level button and was done, I didn't realize the rear elec jacks are gone, but like it.
Take Care
Mike

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
Congrat's Fordman ,
I did go into your Grand Canyon yesterday and checked it out. Man it was beautiful! I also saw you waving as I was passing. I hope to see you soon camping. We plan to use the free park stay in Pigeon Forest the 2cd week in April.
I made it home with my rig and love the 6 point level up system. I have a broken shoulder and after a long day with one arm, I just push the level button and was done, I didn't realize the rear elec jacks are gone, but like it.
Take Care
Mike

Mike, I'm curious about the 6 point level up system. When you say the rear jacks are gone, do you mean that "points" 5 and 6 are where the rear jacks used to be?

~Alice

FordMan1966

We are going to Pigeon Forge next weekend but staying at Pine Mountain RV Park our neighbors bought a TT and are wanting to go there. i will use my free weekend at Creekside some time this summer. Maybe we will see each other in the same campground sometime. We will definite have the sharpest looking rigs in the campground.

Congrat's Fordman ,
Take Care
Mike

porthole

Retired
6 point jacks have the two landing gear jacks and 4 other jacks , 2 in front of the front axle, 2 behind the rear axle.
The electric stabilizer jacks were all the way to the rear.

You just don't need the electric jacks when going to the 6+ point leveling system.

FordMan1966

With the 6 point leveling system you have the front 2 jacks, 2 just in front of the front wheels and 2 just to the rear of the rear wheels. You do not get the rear stabilizers with the 6 point system. I could not get the 6 point because of my steep driveway so I have the front2 jacks and the 2 rear stabilizers.

Mike, I'm curious about the 6 point level up system. When you say the rear jacks are gone, do you mean that "points" 5 and 6 are where the rear jacks used to be?

~Alice

wildwolfproducts

With the 6 point leveling system you have the front 2 jacks, 2 just in front of the front wheels and 2 just to the rear of the rear wheels. You do not get the rear stabilizers with the 6 point system. I could not get the 6 point because of my steep driveway so I have the front2 jacks and the 2 rear stabilizers.

But all the 2012's we looked at only has the 2 jacks behind the wheels and the electric jacks on back. Was told 2013 they went with 6 point because so many people think they have to have the 6 point. But with the 12" Fame it was fine without the 2 extra jacks and the extra cost.
Pete

porthole

Retired
I think if you read between the lines you will find 6 jacks are now used because 6 jacks are better.
Personally, I would not lift my trailer wih just 4 jacks.

If you think about it, Using the the 4 jacks in front of and behind the axles is supporting the trailer the same way the axles do.