AC died and fixed

porthole

Retired
So, pulled into Dover Speedway, 90 degrees and just got done raining. Of course the grass is so tall you are best off cutting it before parking.
The genny wasn't running so great and was doing a bit of hunting for speed as well as cutting out completely. Then the main AC stopped working.

At least with a second AC you can make do with that AC and a couple of fans. And we bring along the Honda 3000 for the economy of a smaller genny when needed.

No books for the AC and most of the problems seemed to be wiring issues when searching the forum. Pulled the covers down tonight and guess what? All 3 wire nuts loose. We are starting our 6th season with this trailer and this just goes to show why wire nuts are not allowed on boats.

Attachments

• AC_wiring_1.jpg
    AC_wiring_1.jpg
    776 KB · Views: 119
  • AC_wiring_2.jpg
    AC_wiring_2.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 108
  • AC_wiring_3.jpg
    AC_wiring_3.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 106
Looks like I'll be checking my wire nuts as well! Just took delivery of a Cyclone 4100 two weeks ago and have been going over everything very carefully. I did find one wire in the transfer switch not fully tightened. Didn't think about the AC J boxes.

donr827

When I have to replace a wire nut I always wrap the two wires with electrical tape next to the wire nut and then continue the tape up and around the wire nut itself. Don