Cyclone 3611 3rd AC install

903ronc

I just bought a new 3611 Cyclone (my second Cyclone to own) and it came with Two AC units. Since I live in Texas I really need three. My breaker box has a breaker for a 3rd Ac so I called Heartland and talked to a service rep. He told me that that breaker was mislabeled and if you didn't order three AC`s they weren't wired for them. he doesn't know what he I talking about. I looked at a new one with three Ac`s and noticed that the thermostat was mounted outside the bathroom door so I pulled the trim loose and took a pocket knife and popped the paneling loose from a couple of staples and looked in there is the thermostat wire. drilled a hole next to the stud and an the wire out and took paneling nails an nail the paneling back. Camping World has the Dometic 15K Ac units for less than a thousand and the service manager old me they would install t for $200. one more thing you will have to put the energy management control on to keep all therefrom starting at the same time.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
303ronc, Welcome to this great forum. Lots of good information here.
Have you looked in the ceiling 14x14 cutout to see if the wiring is in that location for the 3rd AC unit?
Be sure to check out the Heartland Owners Club and the many rallies around the country.

Peace
Dave

903ronc

303ronc, Welcome to this great forum. Lots of good information here.
Have you looked in the ceiling 14x14 cutout to see if the wiring is in that location for the 3rd AC unit?
Be sure to check out the Heartland Owners Club and the many rallies around the country.

Peace
Dave

yes despite what the Heartand service Tech said all the wires are behind the vent cover.

01Soloteo

I just bought a new 3611 Cyclone (my second Cyclone to own) and it came with Two AC units. Since I live in Texas I really need three. My breaker box has a breaker for a 3rd Ac so I called Heartland and talked to a service rep. He told me that that breaker was mislabeled and if you didn't order three AC`s they weren't wired for them. he doesn't know what he I talking about. I looked at a new one with three Ac`s and noticed that the thermostat was mounted outside the bathroom door so I pulled the trim loose and took a pocket knife and popped the paneling loose from a couple of staples and looked in there is the thermostat wire. drilled a hole next to the stud and an the wire out and took paneling nails an nail the paneling back. Camping World has the Dometic 15K Ac units for less than a thousand and the service manager old me they would install t for $200. one more thing you will have to put the energy management control on to keep all therefrom starting at the same time.
We have a new 3611 with the three a:c you can only run bedroom and garage at same time or living room and garage . The way they have the switch you can not run bedroomcanf living area together. Wondering if you put in third a/c??

DirtyMax88

I'm interested to know how this turns out. We do not have a Cyclone, but we would really like to add the 3rd A/C to our LM. When we ordered it, we didn't get it and are kicking ourselves now.

LBR

Search the site and you will find several members have modified and can run all 3 ACs at once. We opted for a 3rd AC on our CY and can run all at once, so it is definately possible.

Thunderbolt

Our new Cyclone (2018) 4005 came with an energy management system. You can select which A/C's you want to run at the same. You can change it very easily. One thing that I did find out today was that all three A/C's are using the same duct system. If I close the back two registers in the garage, air will come out in the kitchen and in the living area. A very slight amount will come out in the bedroom. Shut off the garage A/C and run the living area A/C and you get more air in the bedroom and some in the loft in the garage. Shut off the living area A/C and start the one in the bedroom, you get air in the living area and a slight amount in the loft. The registers in the very back of the garage are the only ones that have a damper to close them off. Kind of wish Heartland had put a damper between the garage and living area where you could keep the cold air in the garage. Just some thoughts.

CDN

B and B
There would be nothing stopping you from adding a third AC. The topic of power management has been discussed. This can simply be done by only using 2 at a time, shed the water heater at 12 amps and Fridge at 4-6 amps and you actually have enough on one 50 amp leg to run 2 acs, converter, TV and the other AC is on the other side. Use of appliances like a hair dryer, toaster etc needs too have load shed by turning 1 AC off.

If you installed a HW EMS system with a remote display you can see what current you are using by adding loads one at a time.

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
Search the site and you will find several members have modified and can run all 3 ACs at once. We opted for a 3rd AC on our CY and can run all at once, so it is definately possible.

LBR

I have tried every search phrase I can think of but still can't find anything about running all 3 A/C's at once. If you have a chance could you point me in the right direction? TIA

LBR

LBR

I have tried every search phrase I can think of but still can't find anything about running all 3 A/C's at once. If you have a chance could you point me in the right direction? TIA
Here the first one I found quickly for reading material to get the idea...there were 2 or 3 other threads last year that the owner's retrofitted from 2ACs and rewired for all 3 at once...on 50A of course...

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=54581