AC in bedroom

jbeletti

I have a Heat Pump option in my Dometic AC and the thermostat/controller used is the Dometic Duo-Therm Confort Center. It also controls the furnace. I believe they will also control the heat strip. It will allow fan only control and at high or low speed in fan, AC or heat pump modes. You program the thermostat/controller for what is connected to it. Then those items appear in the menu. They are also 2 zone capable. I had a single controller in the last Landmark that controlled both ACs and the furnace, yet the bedroom AC had a remote thermostat sensor.

In my current Landmark, both ACs have their own Duo-Therm thermostat/controller. Not sure why as they are multi-zone capable. The thermostat/controller for the main AC is the one that also controls the furnace. Nice part about the heat pump option is that when it can no longer operate (based on heat extraction from the air), it will automatically kick over to the furnace. At least that's how the last one worked.

I'll give this one a workout beginning this weekend.

Jim

comfort_control_center.jpg

[product link from Dometic]

Looks like you can buy these from 3rd party suppliers:
- http://www.rvsupplydepot.com/Duo-Th...-001/Product.htm?ProductID=265&CategoryID=317

porthole

Retired
Well it looks like the price is finally coming down on these.
When i was first searching for a thermostat that would control the heat strip all I could find was refurbished ( with a core charge) for 250-300 dollars and no new ones.

This looks like a good deal now.
The key for me is "heat strip" capable, which many are not (excluding this one)

Clymer

AC in Bedroom

Confirmed today that the unit is a Duo-Therm with heat strip 13,500 however it only has 1 fan speed which is not a big deal. Our motorhome had the exact same system that Jim B is showing on his post and it also had the heat pump feature. The electronic therm controller worked sweet. The heat pump also worked well and would switch over automatically to furnace when the temp fell below freezing. I'm thinking the fireplace in the living area, the heat strip in the bedroom and the dual pane windows in our new BC should help the "propane" sipping furnace....I mean gulping :D Wait a minute...we are heading south forget the furnace turn on the AC!

dieselsweetheart

Kathy...we have the a/c in the bedroom too and it's great for cooling down a hot interior quickly. The only thing is that I have to turn it off at night because when it comes on it wakes me up...since the ceiling is not really that high you feel like it's right on top of you when it comes on...so we leave the living room one on with the paddle fan...and we are still cool enough at night. I'm not that light of a sleeper but that unit coming on always wakes me up!

Northern Virginia
That's one nice thing about the Carrier. The fan run continuous. When the compressor cycles on and off you can't hear it.