AC Power question in '16 Pioneer RG26

I just bought a 2016 pioneer pi rg26 toy hauler and i am very lost hoping i could get some help. First is there a main power disconnect switch so i do not have to remove a terminal off the battery. Also when the battery is on and connected i have lights inside but the microwave will not turn nore will any of the outlets work. So do i need to have a generator hooked up for all that to work they told me i only needed one for the ac unit .. also what kind of generator should i use .. i recently got rid of my 2006 keystone raptor and never had to use the hook up always used the generator and it also had a main power disconnect switch please help. Thankyou

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Heartland pioneer pi rg 26 just bought

Your battery only takes care of 12 volt devices such as your overhead lights, LP gas detector, LP side of water heater as well as the refrigerator. It will not run your microwave or receptacles.
If you are looking for a 12 volt disconnect, if you have one it should be somewhere near your battery.
There are a number of generators available. I suggest a Honda 3,000 watt. They are quiet and should take care of your needs. That is if you are looking for a portable model.
Others here will have more suggestions for you.
Be sure to check out the Events tab at the top of this page an consider joining a bunch of Heartlanders in the Dells for a great rally.
Also check the link in my sig for information on the Heartland Owners Club. It's free!

Peace
Dave

Re: Heartland pioneer pi rg 26 just bought

Your battery only takes care of 12 volt devices such as your overhead lights, LP gas detector, LP side of water heater as well as the refrigerator. It will not run your microwave or receptacles.
If you are looking for a 12 volt disconnect, if you have one it should be somewhere near your battery.
There are a number of generators available. I suggest a Honda 3,000 watt. They are quiet and should take care of your needs. That is if you are looking for a portable model.
Others here will have more suggestions for you.
Be sure to check out the Events tab at the top of this page an consider joining a bunch of Heartlanders in the Dells for a great rally.
Also check the link in my sig for information on the Heartland Owners Club. It's free!

Peace
Dave
Thankyou This helps alot