AC vents

pjaylor

Hi all,

We noticed that the vents on our ac weren't putting out much air. Two of the four in the bedroom are weak, all the living room are weak. We just open the main large vent in the living room and seem to keep everything cool enough.

My husband opened the vents to discover there are no ducts. It appears that there are channels in the Styrofoam insulation. There doesn't appear to be any blockage in the channels but some are open ended which means the air has no resistance ie not force in air pressure.

My questions are
Is it normal for the ac to have no ducts?
Is it normal to have the channel open like that.

We're still under warranty so we'd like to resolve it ASAP.

Thanksl

TXTiger

Not sure what model you have but A/C is a complaint with many. I have a Cyclone and the garage is always a problem with most owners, i.e. no heat or A/C in the garage area. I have never looked at mine but I believe that all models should have ducts. It seems to be a common complaint that the ducts are kinked and the air flow is poor. There have been many threads about modifications to the ducting problems. Do a search on this forum and you will find them. If you do indeed do not have ducts and your unit is a new purchase I would contact Heartland Customer Service, give them your VIN number, verify that you should have ducts, and have a warranty repair scheduled.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know how much air is coming out of the vents, but they don't give a strong blast of cool air.
The channels in the foam insulation are the ducts. No residential style metal ductwork.

Peace
Dave