AC Warranty Replacement

Hunter11

Has anyone had to deal with Dometic to have a AC unit replaced under warranty? Our front Whisper Quiet AC unit has started blowing air about 12* warmer than the rear unit so it is not able to keep up with temps in the high 90's. I am trying to find out how hard it is to deal with Dometic with a week of 100* days coming. We live in the unit full time so we are not going to be able to take it to a dealer and leave it for a week or two while they work on it. Our unit is 14 months old and from what I can find the Dometic warranty is parts only in the second year so I have no problem paying the mobile RV tech we have used for our many warranty issues to do the AC replacement but I was wondering what it takes to get Dometic to replace one under warranty. I think I found a phone number to call Monday on the Dometic web site but that was like finding a needle in a haystack.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Yes -our main unit went out when it was only 6 months old. We were on vacation at the beach 2 states away but after a phone call to our dealership and a couple of things to tried over the phone, they went ahead and contacted Dometic who dropped shipped them a unit. A friend who had just bought a new Razor toy hauler had his unit also go out the same week we were at the beach together. Come to find out that Dometic had received a ship load of bad units from China which not only effected Heartland but also Keystone, KZ and River Forest manufactures. Several folks at the North America Heartland Owner Club Rally in Goshen this year were still having units replaced.

Lou_and_Bette

Once we found a mobile tech in Goshen, we had ours replaced. Domestic won't pay for mobile tech's first service call any time, we are still in our first year. However, tech came out on Friday evening, looked at ours and another rig's, came back on Monday for some compressor measurements, and installed new unit on Tuesday with no additional money out of our pocket.

Hunter11

We have no problem paying the mobile tech to do the work I just wonder what Dometic will require before agreeing to replace the unit under the second year of warranty. Starting Monday we are going to have temps of 100* for the entire week so I am trying to get this done ASAP if possible. Since we have separate duct work for the front and back units the living room AC is not pushing any air to the bedroom.

MTPockets

Not on the A/C but the microwave. Our mobile tech had to determine the need. Either repairable or not, and if repairable, the cost determined in our case that a new microwave/convection oven was required. I would assume that would be the same with your A/C.

donr827

Our BH was delivered to the dealer with a bad LR a/c. The dealer called Dometic and they had him to do some trouble shooting before they would ship a new one.
Don