Access to HDMI ports

JENDAVE

IMG_1258.jpgHello, I was wondering if there is a trick to accessing the HDMI ports on the back of my living room tv in my 2017 Madison. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to access it, so I can change it. I belive the connection or the cord is no good, but I can get behind there to change it. Thanks

Last edited:

Oregon_Camper

Any chance you can take a few pictures of the back of the TV....where is is connected to the wall mount? Then we can see what we're up against.

JNS

Hello, I believe we have the same set up as we cannot get to any of our ports to plug in anything additional like Wii system, firestick etc. Been a real pain in the dupa! Called Landmark and sent them pics, they said there was a special tool that came in our pouch of manuals, which there was but very difficult to use and still have not been successful. Otherwise he said we had to unscrew and unmount the TV from the wall do what we needed to do and re-mount TV.. REALLY??!! . We were not happy w/ either option, who designs something like this.. it should pull out from wall. I know this probably doesn't help much but maybe that 'special tool' will. We have to take our rig in for warranty work so we're going to see if we can get a swivel mount put on. Can't wait to hear other suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
Hello, I believe we have the same set up as we cannot get to any of our ports to plug in anything additional like Wii system, firestick etc. Been a real pain in the dupa! Called Landmark and sent them pics, they said there was a special tool that came in our pouch of manuals, which there was but very difficult to use and still have not been successful. Otherwise he said we had to unscrew and unmount the TV from the wall do what we needed to do and re-mount TV.. REALLY??!! . We were not happy w/ either option, who designs something like this.. it should pull out from wall. I know this probably doesn't help much but maybe that 'special tool' will. We have to take our rig in for warranty work so we're going to see if we can get a swivel mount put on. Can't wait to hear other suggestions!

What does the special tool look like?

danemayer

No, sadly it would not matter the issue is with the connection to the tv. I'm getting discouraged all kinds of things going wrong with our new unit. We've only been using it about a month.

You might call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask them where these connectors are located on your floor plan. One of them is an HDMI wall plate that's pre-wired to the back of the TV so that you don't have to take the TV off the wall. On Landmark 365s, in the living room, I believe they have the DVD (or maybe BluRay) player connected to the TV via one HDMI, and the wall plate has an HDMI connector you can use to connect to the 2nd HDMI port.

You can also ask how to dismount the TV if that's what you want to do.

JENDAVE

Dan,
Thank you for getting back so quickly, I'm in touch with Heartland frequently right now my non working fridge is taking priority, followed by my non working recliner and my ccc2 thermostat error codes. I'm just tired of all these issues after Camping World had it for five months over the winter I'd hoped it would all be smooth sailing. We have used it for a month total and something new pops up weekly...discouraged

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Dan,
Thank you for getting back so quickly, I'm in touch with Heartland frequently right now my non working fridge is taking priority, followed by my non working recliner and my ccc2 thermostat error codes. I'm just tired of all these issues after Camping World had it for five months over the winter I'd hoped it would all be smooth sailing. We have used it for a month total and something new pops up weekly...discouraged

Sorry to hear of your troubles! Sadly Camping World does not seem to be a very good service-after-the-sale company. Hopefully working direct with Heartland will get you solutions. You can ask for other recommended service locations -- you don't have to return to your selling dealer for warranty work.

JNS

What does the special tool look like?

9060263f6a58566875ee74f8d830dcdb.jpg
bb51829f2fecdf91d21ea0df683b639d.jpg

We haven't used this tool yet but this what they said it was for.

LBR

You may have to break some screws loose before using the flexibe extension...I use 1/4" tools for that initial half turn so it doesn't harm that "special tool."
8212d13e9dc3276e774c971260f71c52.jpg

Oregon_Camper

bb51829f2fecdf91d21ea0df683b639d.jpg

We haven't used this tool yet but this what they said it was for.

That is not for the TV mount, that tool is used to manually retract your slides, if the motor ever fails. (God help you if that happens you actually have to use this device)

JNS

That is not for the TV mount, that tool is used to manually retract your slides, if the motor ever fails. (God help you if that happens you actually have to use this device)

Thanks for the information!!! Hope we never need to use it for sure!! Sorry to say I'm not surprised I was told the wrong information.. Still shocked a tv that large is mounted the way it is on the wall.. still can't get our equipment plugged in.. not a Huge deal but still.. I want to see if it's possible to have a pull out mount installed, while we have it in for warranty work.

I have a 2014 Bighorn 3010RE and have the same problem with the bedroom television. There is no way to get behind the television to access the HDMI slots and I cannot figure out how to remove the television from the mount. I have spoken to Heartland and they said they would get back to me, but I have heard nothing from them. I guess they don't know how to remove the television from the mount either. I have considered a saws-all to cut through the television mount and replace it with another unit that actually allows access to rear of television. All I want to do is add satellite to the bedroom and it will require a HMDI or RCA plug to run from satellite receiver to the television. Sounds simple...however. Any thoughts?

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
Thanks for the information!!! Hope we never need to use it for sure!! Sorry to say I'm not surprised I was told the wrong information.. Still shocked a tv that large is mounted the way it is on the wall.. still can't get our equipment plugged in.. not a Huge deal but still.. I want to see if it's possible to have a pull out mount installed, while we have it in for warranty work.

While it is true the tool they gave you was to move the slides manually it is just a flexible drive shaft. You can remove the square drive bit and replace it with a phillips bit.The TV mount has phillips head screws in the bottom of the bars that hang on the mount rails. If you use the tool to remove those 2 screws the TV will lift right off the mount. If the screws are really tight you might have to loosen them with a small socket,ratchet and phillips bit to break them loose. The screws are to keep it from bouncing off or sliding during travel. It is a pain but with a little effort it is possible. I just went through the same thing last weekend.

Oregon_Camper

While it is true the tool they gave you was to move the slides manually it is just a flexible drive shaft. You can remove the square drive bit and replace it with a phillips bit.The TV mount has phillips head screws in the bottom of the bars that hang on the mount rails. If you use the tool to remove those 2 screws the TV will lift right off the mount. If the screws are really tight you might have to loosen them with a small socket,ratchet and phillips bit to break them loose. The screws are to keep it from bouncing off or sliding during travel. It is a pain but with a little effort it is possible. I just went through the same thing last weekend.

SWEEEEETTTT..... It is a 2-in-1 device now. :)

Apropdoc

When I looked at my TV mount to see how to get it off of the rail to get to my HDMI ports, I noticed a lever on the bottom right side (as you are looking at the screen). It appears to be a lock for the mount. I will open the slide this week sometime when I go back to look at some things to see if there are two of them, and if they do in fact release the TV from the mount.

gregw

While I don't have the same camper. Our TV mount has two tabs behind the TV. Push or pull the tabs at the same time and you can lift the TV off the bracket. Part of the bracket stays on the TV. Took a while to figure out at first. Just remember these go together fast. It had a way on to the wall gotta have a way off.

I should have added a couple of pictures of the back of the television. These are the best I could get, and it does not show a lot, but i don't see any of the tabs you were suggesting would release the television from the mount.

IMG_1268.jpgIMG_1269.jpgIMG_1272.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1220.jpg
    IMG_1220.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 76

Apropdoc

I should have added a couple of pictures of the back of the television. These are the best I could get, and it does not show a lot, but i don't see any of the tabs you were suggesting would release the television from the mount.

View attachment 52681

The same as mine, the tab is on the right side of the picture. I expect those release the TV from the lower bracket and the hooks on the left support it on the top bracket.