Access to ports on TV in '18 Big Country 3560 SS

Ricky7878

Hi just took delivery of our 3560ss. How does the living room tv mount work to get access to the HDMI, optical inputs, for adding additional media devices?
Cheers Rick

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Hi and welcome to the forum!
There are a number of different mounts used in Heartland products. I'm not specifically familiar with your Big Country but some of the brackets require lengthy extensions or even flexible extensions to access the bolts that release the TV from the frame. In some cases (in our Cyclone) it's necessary to remove the screws that hold the backing board and remove it with the bracket and TV together to access the bolts.
I know it sounds a bit convoluted but these processes really aren't that difficult and you'll only do it once or twice the whole time you own your rig.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
It is definitely more difficult than it needs to be. I also had problems with this. Unfortunately my unit was broken into and the thieves had no problem getting the TV out. I have since replace the whole back with a Landmark style mount (swingout) opening up the back for additional storage.

Received my 19' 3560SS a couple of weeks ago and living room TV is defective. Removing it from the mount is extremely difficult to say the least. After several different attempts to get it off the bracket after removing the two screws holding it to the backboard was able to get it off but bent part of the bracket in doing so. After looking things over I have surmised that the factory mounted the TV to the backboard, then attached the backboard. Absolutely insane and no way to access your HDMI without a lot of effort and frustration. Also, I ordered the RV online with only 2018 models available to view at the time. Received the unit with a LOT of downgrades from 18' with the exception of price. Little things, no cord reel, no dump hose storage, no docking light, no wood doors on closet (all mirrored), but they all add up. I also wasn't receiving air flow from the furnace to the bathroom / bedroom area. After digging into the belly I found a kink in the duct work.
Another little thing that I noticed when first using the toilet....no toilet paper holder or a place to mount one. Other than that...it's a very nice RV. Looking forward to my retirement on the road...after I get my replacement TV and mount it w/ a swing out mount and put a toilet paper holder on the backside of the cabinet door.

danemayer

Received my 19' 3560SS ...After looking things over I have surmised that the factory mounted the TV to the backboard, then attached the backboard. Absolutely insane and no way to access your HDMI without a lot of effort and frustration.

If your analysis is correct, then would it make sense to detach the backboard first in order to remove the TV? If that's correct, the info may be useful to the next person.

If your analysis is correct, then would it make sense to detach the backboard first in order to remove the TV? If that's correct, the info may be useful to the next person.

I'm just guessing but if I'm right they mounted the backboard then covered up the screws w/ the small trim board which would have to be removed as well. It's a bit of a mystery and I'm not sure how they mounted it....but there is absolutely no headroom above the TV and upper cabinets to lift the TV up and off the bracket after unscrewing the bottom securing brackets.

danemayer

The ones I've seen, the bracket attached to the TV hangs on 2 rails that are mounted to the backboard. To remove, the first step is to remove the trim above the TV, which provides space to lift the TV off the rails. Then loosen a screw that holds the TV bracket captive to the lower rail. Usually takes a mirror to place the allen wrench or screwdriver. Once the screw is backed out a couple of turns, the bottom of the TV can be pulled away from the wall slightly and the TV can be lifted.

I'm not sure about Big Country, but I think Big Horn and Landmarks have connectors in the nearby cabinets so that HDMI and AVI devices can be connected without moving the TV.

bishgeo

I have a 2019 big country I have a hdmi cable hanging out of the hole in back board have no idea where it goes but won't get me a signal when connected to the Wally. I connected another hdmi cable behind tv by reaching behind tv elbow deep to reach scocket to plug it in.

NYSUPstater

Our 3560 is in storage and unable to access it, but we took our TV off a couple of times and want to say there were 2 screws at bottom we removed and then slid tv upwards off brackets. I very well could be wrong here as it was in '17 we did this (coach was a '18 ). If I recall right, there were 2 cords that came thru the wall: power and coax/HDMI. May have been another one, but again, I don't remember. Do know tho it was a 2 person job removing the tv.

plshilo

OK, we have a 17' 3560ss and the Only way to get the TV off is - first remove the screw from the sound bar and Just Lift the TV Stright Up to remove from mount. We replaced the mount with one from Moyride that has swing arm & locks when you push it back to the wall. I hope that Help.

bigdob24

On mine there were brackets but they were kinda up behind the TV and difficult to access.
When I took mine off the first time I made some new brackets that extend down below the bottom of the TV , painted them black and now it’s easy.
Just took it off today to install a sound bar, easy
BT

wdk450

When my rig was new it came with the TP holder & screws loose in the medicine cabinet. Supposedly this gives the new owner the option to mount it where they want it.