Winegard Traveler install on Big Country

farside291

Is it behind the satellite plate or booster plate or out in the open. Please say behind the satellite plate. I've looked behind the booster plate. And it's not just hanging there. I have not looked behind the satellite plate.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Do you have the 4 coax connections in the docking station ?
392c8aa0648d185254bed238246c9b95.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I'd call Heartland with your VIN and see if they can help before spending more time. They can hopefully tell you where to look based on your build sheets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farside291

Yes I need to call. I have it all in the UDC and it works because I am using the outside connections as I type. I know the wire is not hanging down in the closet.

Noofear

Might be a stupid question but are you sure that your trailer is wired for satellite. Considering that you're having a hard time finding the wires and you're not seeing the control wire anywhere it's making me wonder if maybe you're not pre wired for it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

farside291

Yes I am prewired. I am using the connections in the UDC as I type for a tripod mounted Direct TV SWM Slimline dish in both the bedroom and living room. I have the wall plate in the ceiling but can't locate the wires. They may be coiled off to the side. I'll figure it out when I call Heartland this afternoon after work.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
2016 4010RD

The wire was "hanging out" but this is it pushed back into the wall. It had a grommet holding the connector from falling back into the cavity.

cf5675038f1c7265a7830f6fe8dc5122.jpg

farside291

That definitely is not there. What a bummer. Guess a call to Heartland and see what they say. My build date is early 2014. I bought the unit in May 2014 as a 2015 model. Maybe they were doing it differently. I'll call and let everyone know what I find. Thanks again for everyone's help. Awesome as always.

sjandbj

I am thinking about installing a Traveler Satellite dish on top of the Big Country. I took off the cover in the front bath ceiling expecting to see the coax coiled in there but there was nothing. Is this where the coax is supposed to be? Also, on the roof, how do you access the coax and run the control wire from the dish to the wires that are supposed to be in the ceiling for the bedroom and living room. I would like to install it myself but not if the wires are not already installed.

Thanks in advance.
Bill

Also, the only thing I could see under the cover plate was a hole in the foam insulation. I probed my finger in the hole but saw nothing. If the wiring is up there and I just didn't see it, where does it go to. The front living or closet. And how do you know where to mount it on the roof, do you mount the antenna above the hole covered by the ceiling plate? Sorry for all the questions, I want to be sure before I spend the dollars on the dish.

I installed the winguard on my Big Country 3150. as seen in earlier post the antenna wires will need to be dug out from the foam in the roof. My control cable was a PITA to find. The factory forgot to run the wire to the proper location and left it coiled up in a plastic bag in the upper right hand conner of the roof. I had to cut a small hole in the wall behind the washer to find it and cut the zip tie. I will be at the rally and can show you what I did if your coming to the rally. If not I can try to find my pictures.
Regards,
Steve

dlw930

That definitely is not there. What a bummer. Guess a call to Heartland and see what they say. My build date is early 2014. I bought the unit in May 2014 as a 2015 model. Maybe they were doing it differently. I'll call and let everyone know what I find. Thanks again for everyone's help. Awesome as always.

I had difficulty locating the coax and control wire coils in my 2013 Key Largo. Owners with the same model gave me advice on where their could were located, but no dice for me. Finally called Heartland and discovered Engineering Dept. changed the coil location 3 times during model year so location depended on build date. Only by giving Heartland my VIN were they able to tell me where to cut hole in the roof.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
My '14 BC only had the coax run. I would bet that is same in the '15 and maybe other model years of the BC. I had CW do my install and they ran everything from dish to front closet on the roof and put controller and power inserter there and then went back to roof via same hole to point on roof where the prewired coax was and hooked to that.

Hope this helps some.

farside291

I finally found the Coax after digging through the Styrofoam in the ceiling but there's no control wire. I will call Heartland tomorrow and find out if maybe it was somewhere in the roof.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That just doesn't make sense why they would waste there time putting the coax in there and not bother putting the control harness too.
Now you'll have to run the control harness yourself. It will come in the box with the new dish. How far is it from your hole in the ceiling to your cabinets ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

farside291

It has the front bath, so along ways. After hearing DTV is going to switch to streaming I am rethinking spending the money on an automatic dish for the roof. I may spend the money on a First Strike meter and save $1000. I guess I could run the control wire on the roof and then down inside the bathroom cabinet if I do decide to go that route. Again, thanks to everyone for your help.