Add Additional Awning

JNS

Hello! We'd like to have an awning installed on our Landmark 365.. we only have 1 large awning in the rear and 1 very small awning over the main door, there is an additional switch inside for another awning as well. Do I call Heartland to find out for sure this can be added and where to get it done? Anybody else have an additional awning added?

Last edited by a moderator:

PondSkum

Hello! We'd like to have an awning installed on our Landmark 365.. we only have 1 large awning in the rear and 1 very small awning over the main door, there is an additional switch inside for another awning as well. Do I call Heartland to find out for sure this can be added and where to get it done? Anybody else have an additional awning added?

My google search shows that the Landmark Madison appears to have an optional awning that attaches to the slide out that's between your 2 awnings. I would guess a call to Heartland would give you answers to if you can buy it or not.

Alan_B

We added a 2nd awning that is attached to our passenger side slide-out.

We have wanted to add a second awning just like that . We presently have the one awning on the front part of the door side (see photo). Did you install that yourself? Any more info? Thanks!

IMG_2512.jpg

NYSUPstater

Had one added at time of mfr as a "hidden" option on dinette/theater seat slide. Dealer had to inquire w/HL about it. Switch for the 2nd one is on said slideout.

Oregon_Camper

We have wanted to add a second awning just like that . We presently have the one awning on the front part of the door side (see photo). Did you install that yourself? Any more info? Thanks!

Alan...we ordered it from the factory with the 2nd awning.

NYSUPstater

Prior to getting ours, we had seen other 5ers w/ them and really liked the idea. Since having the BC, and winds not blowin' to beat the band, we extend them out and it makes for GREAT area to sit especially if you have several people over, you're not all cramped under 1 awning. We also added the drop sun shade which are REAL nice. Bit of a pain to install/remove, but worth it. The main awning is about 1' higher than the slide awning, so when ordering them, the main one is a 9' drop and the slide is a 8' drop (if I recall right). Also, the slide extends about 1' or so further out due to being on the slide. But really don't notice that when under them or have shades attached and tide outward.

I had one added to my living room slide at the National Rally in Goshen last year.
I purchased it from Lippert Componets at their rally booth.
It was around $850.00 installed.
The interesting thing about the install was the man who installed it for us was also the man who designed it.
It took like 45 minutes to install, with a 3 man crew.
It comes with a Lithium Battery installed in the awning arm with the control switch also located in the awning arm by the entrance steps.
Comes with a charging cord for charging the battery, which I need a short extension cord for because it doesn't reach my outside receptical.
A full charge is supposed to last for 22 operations.
This was a great upgrade to our unit.
Contact LCI, or check it out on their Website first.

Hockster

Hello owners. This is day 1 post 1. I pick up my new Fuel 260 toyhauler in mid-May. Done with tents for main shelter. I already have one upgrade in mind if structurally feasible. I want an awning on the backside of the trailer to use as an outside shelter for the Ranger once I set up camp. I would rather not schlup around a pop-up shelter or tarp it every night. So the question is....will the wall of the hauler be strong enough to hsupport an add-on awning? HAve you done it? Did it work, or did it fail! Thanks, Scott

david-steph2018

Hello owners. This is day 1 post 1. I pick up my new Fuel 260 toyhauler in mid-May. Done with tents for main shelter. I already have one upgrade in mind if structurally feasible. I want an awning on the backside of the trailer to use as an outside shelter for the Ranger once I set up camp. I would rather not schlup around a pop-up shelter or tarp it every night. So the question is....will the wall of the hauler be strong enough to hsupport an add-on awning? HAve you done it? Did it work, or did it fail! Thanks, Scott
First thing, welcome to the group from Cottonwood, for now. The rear awning, on our Road Warrior we have an awning installed, but it is a short one. It only comes out about 5 feet, and I only put it out when we have the rear deck down. I just know with the winds today up here you wouldn't even think about an awning.

Thanks for wind warning. I will keep that in mind. If I am able to have a short (10') installed on the side rear opposite the door side, I will watch the wind carefully. Northern AZ gets some good gusts!