Added awning led lights

yepuhuh

Ran into a few issues but was successful in running these lights. The 3m backing tape didn't seem to do as good of a job as I thought it should have and I had to use another adhesive to get them to stick. Got my idea from all the posters on here. Going out soon and seeing what they look like.

MCTalley

We love ours. The first inch or so of our light strip didn't stick well, so I'm going to take care of that in the next week prior to us traveling again. Having them just under the awning on the side of the trailer was pure genius on somebody's part. Works great whether the awning is open or closed.

zigzag3337

We love ours. The first inch or so of our light strip didn't stick well, so I'm going to take care of that in the next week prior to us traveling again. Having them just under the awning on the side of the trailer was pure genius on somebody's part. Works great whether the awning is open or closed.

Cool - I'm glad you like them. I tell my wife that I'm a genius all the time, but she disagrees......lol

When I did my lights, the end where the wiring is, I used a plastic cable strap (made for coax) and mounted it to one of awning mounting bolts. I then used some silicon and resealed the bolt along with the wiring that's ran through the cable strap. This will help the light from getting loose and pulling off. I also ran a bead of clear silicon along both edges of the LED strip. I figured this will also help keep water from getting under the LEDs.

I have my on since last August, pulled them over several thousand miles and haven't had any issues with them trying to come off.