Adding a rear awning?

OtterMN

My wife would like a rear awning to keep the rain out when we use the screened garage in our Cyclone 3950. Has anybody added one to their rig? Thanks!

jasons09cyclone

I wouldn't think it would work with the molded rear cap. . Of the ones I've seen that have it on they've gone with the flat surface back end. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
My wife would like a rear awning to keep the rain out when we use the screened garage in our Cyclone 3950. Has anybody added one to their rig? Thanks!
I'm thinking the type of awning that attaches to the fascia on a house might work if there's enough room on the frame above the door. I've seen them at Menards and they may be on sale right now. I don't know the widths available.
An RV electric may work but there may not be enough room on the side frames.:confused:

priorguy

A bag awning is more work but they come in 8 foot lengths for tent trailers and mount to a standard rail.

TXTiger

Haven't tried it yet but my son mentioned me getting a simple pop up like you use on the ground but setting it up on the patio. Just a thought.

jimtoo

Tony,,, that's a good idea I think. They are easy setup and height is somewhat adjustable, should be easy to secure to rails if you have them,, if not it could be anchored to deck. And a lot less expensive than an awning that would attach to the rear. If you do this,, buy a good one, $130-150 range... most of the cheap ones are just that cheeeeep made and flimsy.

Jim M