Adding second AC unit, is this a DIY upgrade?

HornedToad

Question for you, if someone should happen to over fill black tank flush and it does come off roof, would there still be a problem with the water running down wall from attic?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it leaks into the attic from a vent stack joint while it's flowing up to the roof it's gonna drip down the inside wall,
"believe me I know..."
If the vent stack joints were air/water tight, the water would just run off the roof!!!

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
If it leaks into the attic from a vent stack joint while it's flowing up to the roof it's gonna drip down the inside wall,
"believe me I know..."
If the vent stack joints were air/water tight, the water would just run off the roof!!!

Well I made this mistake, don't ask, and a lot of water did come off roof but not sure about any going down the walls. No water damage on ceiling or anything like that. I did have some water under neath in the tank/utility area and I believe I got all that dried out and ran a fan for close to 48 hours down there. I have not seen any additional dripping onto the ground. Did I get lucky?

HornedToad

Did I get lucky?[/QUOTE said:
I'm going to embrace your positive outook!!!

I was standing outside and heard the water coming off the roof and got it shut off right away... lucky!!!
Most of the drips were in the switch cabinet, so it seemed to be dripping inside the wall... lucky!!!
The drips were on wood paneling and wiped up without any damage / stains... lucky!!!
Most importantly I learnt a valuable lesson... the lucky way!!! no harm / no foul

Now I always stand in the bathroom and listen for the water level to cover the spray head to turn off the flush.

Birchwood

I was standing outside and heard the water coming off the roof and got it shut off right away... lucky!!!
Most of the drips were in the switch cabinet, so it seemed to be dripping inside the wall... lucky!!!
The drips were on wood paneling and wiped up without any damage / stains... lucky!!!
Most importantly I learnt a valuable lesson... the lucky way!!! no harm / no foul

Now I always stand in the bathroom and listen for the water level to cover the spray head to turn off the flush.

Closing the tanks valve and turning on the black tank flush is a recipe for disaster. I always leave the valve open and let it clean away.The only time I ever fill the tank with water is with a garden hose directly down the flush.

jassson007

Sorry about that. Hope you were able to get it all fixed up with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jassson007

Closing the tanks valve and turning on the black tank flush is a recipe for disaster. I always leave the valve open and let it clean away.The only time I ever fill the tank with water is with a garden hose directly down the flush.

I have had the BC close to 9 months and first time I made a major mess up. I usually stand with it when flushing and only leave it closed a minute or two to let a little water build up on the bottom but this time I walked away and got involved with something else. Never again...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdamerell

I watched the tech install our 2nd A/C (actually, I went with the heat pump). Pretty straight forward for the non-ducted unit. Getting the unit safely on the roof was the hardest part. Due to health reasons (asthma) have to keep the RV at 70 degrees. Sliding the flow divider plate in the main A/C unit helped a lot but I also look at it as a redundant or backup unit.

A non low profile added a couple of inches to my overall height but I always assume I'm 13'6" like my semi. The low profile unit might not have changed my overall height.

GT4Point6

Kevin Margetta
I watched the tech install our 2nd A/C (actually, I went with the heat pump). Pretty straight forward for the non-ducted unit. Getting the unit safely on the roof was the hardest part. Due to health reasons (asthma) have to keep the RV at 70 degrees. Sliding the flow divider plate in the main A/C unit helped a lot but I also look at it as a redundant or backup unit.

A non low profile added a couple of inches to my overall height but I always assume I'm 13'6" like my semi. The low profile unit might not have changed my overall height.

What unit did you go with and what is your impression on the noise level of the unit you picked? I don't expect a/c units to be whisper quiet, no compressors are.
Thanks,

Bobemuzzy

I installed a second Air Conditioner in our bed room this Fall (Atwood Air Conditioner 16000). The unit has a hand held remote control and a Digital read out and controls on the unit. The unit is ductless and the wiring and circuit braker was in place on my 5th wheeler. The hard part as getting the unit on the roof. I used a block and tackle and a tree limb. When I got the unit high enough I backed the 5th wheel up under the unit and eased it down on the roof. The job can be done by a do it your self. If you need questions answered E-mail me.

GT4Point6

Kevin Margetta
I installed a second Air Conditioner in our bed room this Fall (Atwood Air Conditioner 16000). The unit has a hand held remote control and a Digital read out and controls on the unit. The unit is ductless and the wiring and circuit braker was in place on my 5th wheeler. The hard part as getting the unit on the roof. I used a block and tackle and a tree limb. When I got the unit high enough I backed the 5th wheel up under the unit and eased it down on the roof. The job can be done by a do it your self. If you need questions answered E-mail me.

I was able to get the unit on the roof with a forklift at my work. Easy install after that.

RichPal

Living and traveling in south Texas a second A/C is recommended. I own a 2009 3055RL. I'm looking at different a/c units to add. It was recommended to go with low profile units. I've found out that most units used were regular profile (10-14"). Low profile are much more. I've got an option to buy a Gree RVA-135RHP A/C with heat pump and celling unit for $450. It's 14.7 H. Is this going to be a real problem?

jimtoo

HI RichPal,

I had a 3055 with a regular profile A/C on the front. Hooked up and ready to go I measured 13' 3". I never had a problem, just need to be aware incase you do see something that looks low.

Your neighbor to the South.

Jim M

RichPal

jimtoo, thanks for the info. I was sure that it would work just needed to DUCK!