Adjusting Doors on Norcold 1210

rvallen

Has any one figured out how to adjust the doors on a Norcold Refrig 1210. Both freezer doors are dragging and need adjusted, please advise.

lynndiwagoner

I don't think there is any adjustment. I did read one blog where the guy said he loosened the mounting screws and messed around with the alignment.

Gary521

I have the next larger size Norcold. I adjusted the doors by placing nylon washers on the lower hinges of each door that needed it. I am not sure on your model but there is a center panel on mine with plastic covers on the middle hinges that snap off. The hinges can be screwed out and the doors removed. Nylon washers from Ace or any good hardware. They have different thicknesses. Don't over do it as you can go too far.

I found a pictorial and parts list on the WEB. This should show how the center hinges are covered. The upper hinges on the freezer and lower hinges on the fridge section are more difficult to get to. Doors are very light. Job only takes a few minutes. You only need to remove the middle hinges.

sjandbj

Has any one figured out how to adjust the doors on a Norcold Refrig 1210. Both freezer doors are dragging and need adjusted, please advise.

There is a little play in the mounting holes for the hing brackets. The nylon washers is the best idea. I just removed my 1210 since it broke. I had to take the brackets off to get it out of the rig. When i reassembled the doors I was able to move the hinges a bit to get the alignment back to normal.

Steve

rvallen

Thanks for the input everyone. I was able to get enough adjustment on the top hinges of each freezer to stop the dragging. I also like the idea of the small plastic washers, Thank you.
Rich Allen