After winterizing ...

... is it a good idea to pour some of the pink antifreeze into the toilet bowl, enough to cover the gasket to keep it from drying out, or would it stain the bowl? Seems to me like a good idea. I did pour 1/3 Cup into each other drain as per the instructions, but found nothing regarding to toilet. Thank you.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you should flushing the toilet to get the pink stuff in the water line to the toilet. That will leave enough pink stuff in the bowl.
Since the pink stuff is inexpensive why not use more than a third cup in the P-trap. No sense in trying to save a buck. If the trap is full of water and you only add that small amount it's pretty well diluted.

Peace
Dave

Thanks, Cookie - and if I never use the outdoor shower or the wash machine, is there any point in re-winterizing these areas each time I winterize? Sorry, if it's a stupid question ...

John

jerryjay11

Thanks, Cookie - and if I never use the outdoor shower or the wash machine, is there any point in re-winterizing these areas each time I winterize? Sorry, if it's a stupid question ...

John
Only stupid quest is the one never asked. Yes, add antifreeze to toilet, washer lines, shower drain, sink drains, and outdoor shower. Anywhere water lines are. It doesn't stain and will flush out when you are ready to open the camper again. I forgot to run the toilet in my MH one time and had to replace the toilet valve that spring.

danemayer

Whether used or not used, the last time you ran water inside the coach, water filled the lines to the washer valves (and into the washing machine if you have one), and to the outside shower valve. If you don't winterize them, the water will freeze.

Winterizing the washing machine can be tricky. Take a look at our Winterization Guide for more info.

Don't forget the refrigerator. If you have a residential refrigerator, take a look at our Residential Refrigerator User Guide for instructions.