Air conditioner TSB screw up - AC identification

JBoyerinAbq

I received the Heartland TSB for my Blizzard AC units so I scheduled an appointment and finally got my trailer in the shop this past week - a royal pain due to the location of the dealership and design of their parking lot. Regardless - after having the trailer a few days, the dealer contacted me and stated my unit was not affected as the units were not Dometic Blizzards and that they had called Heartland and confirmed.

Wondering how Heartland made that mistake - you would think they would have accurate build sheets. So I have not gotten back in touch with the dealer but I'm trying to identify the units I do have installed. They look nothing like any of the units on the Dometic web page. The sides of the units have lots of circle vent holes and I see nothing similar on line. Anyone have any idea what other units might have been installed?

The unit is a 2016 Heartland Landmark, delivered this April.

Last edited:

jimtoo

Have you looked in the pouch that came with your unit for the warranty papers and cards? You should have all the owners manuals for all the appliances in the unit. These cards should tell you what units you have. Normally they came in a blue bag,,,, maybe stuffed up in a cabinet someplace.

Jim M

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You would think the dealer could tell you what AC unit you have. Also if you take the cover off the AC unit on the roof there is a plate inside with the product information.

Mburtsvt

Same here! Took it to the dealer in Spokane, Wa., (130 miles away), and was told it did not have the effected air conditioners. I will check my documentation as well, but you would think Heartland would know what ws built into my RV before sending me the TSB letter.

oldelmer1

I think they just sent the letter out to anyone that has a Landmark. I got a letter too and called the service center who went and pulled my build sheet and said I DO NOT have the Blizzard AC units.

SNOKING

It is pretty easy to know you have the effecteds unit without doing anything but turning them on and waiting for water to start dripping from the ceiling! That is how I knew. Dometic added the extra holes without telling manufacturers. I am do sure that they know exactly where the effected units were installed, so they choose to error on the side to include any trailer that "might" have received one of the effected ons. Before hauling a trailer many miles, recover the covers and look for those holes. In this picture is the threaded insert is visible. There were four of these added. The two under the foam cover inside the AC unit are the ones that need to be sealed. If you see the two inserts near the rear hold down bolts, that is the clue that there are two under the foam cover. This cover needs to be carefully removed and reinstalled, and the holes sealed. I used non sagging Dicor.

Sealed.

Then a series of additional drain holes are drilled. Chris

oldelmer1

When I pulled the covers off of my AC units, I did see 1 hole like in your picture. Should I fill it?

I dont have any issues with water, but I did see the hole.

Thanks.

SNOKING

When I pulled the covers off of my AC units, I did see 1 hole like in your picture. Should I fill it?

I dont have any issues with water, but I did see the hole.

Thanks.

I would talk to Heartland. There is more to the TSB than sealing the two front extra mounts that are under the foam enclosure. The back two are outside the plenum and do not leak inside the trailer.

Chris

JBoyerinAbq

Thanks - I have the packet which includes manuals for everything, except, the rooftop AC's. I even have manuals for things I don't have - like dishwasher...

Have you looked in the pouch that came with your unit for the warranty papers and cards? You should have all the owners manuals for all the appliances in the unit. These cards should tell you what units you have. Normally they came in a blue bag,,,, maybe stuffed up in a cabinet someplace.

Jim M

- - - Updated - - -

AGREED! I didn't have near as far to travel as you, but still, it takes effort, time and fuel just to be told ooops, never mind...

Same here! Took it to the dealer in Spokane, Wa., (130 miles away), and was told it did not have the effected air conditioners. I will check my documentation as well, but you would think Heartland would know what ws built into my RV before sending me the TSB letter.

- - - Updated - - -

Great lesson Tom! I'll make the phone call from now on.
I think they just sent the letter out to anyone that has a Landmark. I got a letter too and called the service center who went and pulled my build sheet and said I DO NOT have the Blizzard AC units.