Air Conditioning Vent Filters

donmogey

RE: My 2016 Landmark 365 ---- Maybe its just me but i just discovered where the vent filters are for the air cond-itioner. You have to pop off the ceiling vents and some of them have foam filters that need to be washed. EZ job once you get a tall enuf step stool to get up there.
I do know that plugged filters create back pressure on the unit and i dont think that is good for it.
Anyone know about filter for the furnace? There is none in the ceiling air return opening.
Maybe on the furnace itself?
Thanks, Don Mogey.20180409_091206.jpg20180409_091143.jpg

danemayer

You're correct about the A/C return duct air filters. They need to be cleaned regularly or it will cause a problem with the A/C unit.

The RV furnace doesn't use a filter. Installing a filter on the return could lead to a loss of airflow. That would at times prevent the sail switch from closing, which would in turn cause the furnace to intermittently fail to ignite.

D_BTravelers

We had our 2016 Big Country 3650RL for about 6 months and took it to a local RV place to see why it was not cooling properly. In the Texas heat it wouldn't keep us below 85 degrees inside. When we went to pick it up the guy showed us the vent foam filter and said that they were all very dirty and partially clogged. With a total of only 3-4 weekend camping trips on this new trailer, I thought it unusual for them to be this dirty. I figure the manufacturer ran the AC during some of the finish out work and it picked up dust and sawdust. He cleaned them all but also ran a flexible inspection camera into the vent ducts and found that the rear AC main vent was crushed down and restricting air. They also worked on it and it does seem to cool better. We will not really know until this summer if it is fixed, but I will pull the vents every other trip to make sure they are not clogged.

donmogey

You're correct about the A/C return duct air filters. They need to be cleaned regularly or it will cause a problem with the A/C unit.

The RV furnace doesn't use a filter. Installing a filter on the return could lead to a loss of airflow. That would at times prevent the sail switch from closing, which would in turn cause the furnace to intermittently fail to ignite.
Thank you. I guess our lings act as the filter. LOL

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tabibito

I recently purchased a 2013 Landmark used and mine doesn't have those nifty filter element holding retainers. Would you know where I could get those?

Thanks!
-Steve

jimcat

How do you pop off the covers to get to the filters? I do know they are hard to turn to reposition the air flow direction.

NYSUPstater

We have rectangular ones w/ the foam and the just snap off after you pry them. Easy-peazy. Cannot comment on the round ones.

jimcat

Got em.. the round ones pull off as well.. All foam was clean.. Feeling around in there.. some blocks in ceiling, bu design I believe. I then put the caps back onwith the direction of the flow.. perhaps that will let the air move more freely

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
What brand dishwasher is that?
Did you install it.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
LOL!! We still have a sticks and bricks. That’s our household DW.
We don’t need a dishwasher in the Bighorn

I wash & rinse our AC filters in the kitchen sink of the BH and hang them out to dry