Vent modification for better air flow

B

BouseBill

Modifications I made to our air conditioning vents for better air flow. Using my Dremel tool I cut the upwind side slates down even with the base so the air coming through the channel would hit the slats remaining, sticking up.

Next I took the dremel tool to the ring with the screws and cut off the upwind side lip which would stick up into the channel further blocking the air flow, this allowed the air flow to hit the slats remaining, blowing the wind down into the coach. In the second picture you can see how high the lip was above the base of the air channel.

I put everything back together and turned on the A/C to see how much improvement there was, surprise there was more air coming out of the center vent which previously had NONE.

After thinking a bit more, (which the bosslady says can be dangerous for me) I was wondering what an small airflow diverter would do to help MORE air through the vent. I made a cardboard vane and using packing tape fixed it to the roof of the channel, and WOW what a difference that made, and still allows air to move to the back vent.

Now the air flow is more evenly distributed throughout the main living area.

The last picture is the vent cover in place, I don't think one would notice the modification if it was not pointed out.

Give it a try, it might work for you, and as the saying goes, "Your mileage may vary";);)

Attachments

• 20170729_112220.jpg
    20170729_112220.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 287
  • airvent2.jpg
    airvent2.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 291
  • airvent3.jpg
    airvent3.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 266
  • Air vent.jpg
    Air vent.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 254
B

BouseBill

My thinking was trying to come up with a fix without having to spend more money, using only material on hand. The temperatures here are expected to hit the high 90's in the next few days, That's HOT for the Puget Sound area LOL

mobilcastle

My thinking was trying to come up with a fix without having to spend more money, using only material on hand. The temperatures here are expected to hit the high 90's in the next few days, That's HOT for the Puget Sound area LOL
Install a cold air dump if you have vents only.Screenshot_2017-08-10-18-12-01.jpg

Not very expensive and you will increase you cooling tremendously-good luck. Make sure you get it installed in the right place under your AC