Air Ride 5th Wheel Hitch by Hensley

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
kenny did my homework and so far suburban seats has the best deal for the air ride seats, compressor, suspension underneath seats, arm rests, no shipping cost or tax, around 2K out the door. This includes Beige/Tan leather seats, high back National Leather Medium Duty Air Suspension. Installation fairly simple about 5 hrs labor at local shop. The consensus is for a F-250 all the googled websites were selling the same stuff at different prices. Suburban seems to be the least expensive as of today.
Find out more tomorrow. Thanks for the websites as they were very helpful.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Lar, take the 2K and your truck and trade it for a medium duty Peterbilt..Freightliner. They have air ride seats and suspension already. Bettter yet, just buy a Chevy. Bobo:D

Larryheadhunter

Thanks Bob, u planning to adopt me? My ford has not been to the shop once except to change the oil. It's a 2008 F-250. Air ride seats are about 2K and the trailer saver hitch is about $2500. C'mon pops, got some dough for your student?

caissiel

considering I traded trucks for $10,000, and gained 7 years. 40% more power, captain seats and a ride like a Caddy, I got good for my investment.

Larryheadhunter

I just got a call from a fellow HL owner who says there is a guy in Fla that may have worked for hensley that has a 4 air bag hitch for $800. Plan to check it out before buying the expensive one from Hensley. Will keep all informed.

Larryheadhunter

My fellow Vietnam Vet buddy Floyd Philbrook, who attended the socal rally last november in Buellton, found a 2 year old trailer saver 19K TS3 double air hitch on Craig's list in St. George, Utah, and let me know about it. This week he picked it up in Mesquite, NV for $650 for me, so thanks Floyd! Whoo hoo!, the trailer saver rep told me it would cost about $2600 new, so after some universal rails, spacers, and a remote air controller, the whole package is still under a thousand bucks. So before I buy air ride seats, and since I already have the Mor/Ryde hitch pin cushion, my ride should be softened quite a bit. Thanks again Floyd. I will be heading for Las Vegas soon so Floyd can remove the existing 16K Pullrite auto slider (now for sale), install the new hitch and adjust it to the right level. Anyone in the Las Vegas area wanting to help let me know. We could use all the hands available.

jbeletti

That's a great deal Larry!. What a pal Floyd is. When in Vegas, say hi to our pal Forrest. I miss hearing from that guy.

Jim

Larryheadhunter

Thanks Jim, some of us aren't loaded, and this hitch could hit the pocket book spot LOL. This speaks wonders about our great Heartland Rallies, as that's where I met Floyd and many new friends, as well as seeing some of my RV buds that live to far to see often. I can see HL rallies are catching on, just ask Deb Duryee, who has 17 rigs for her Nor Cal March Rally, including us, if I am able to travel. California Heartlanders are starting to show their faces more each rally.

The Trail Saver TS3, has 2 air bags in the hitch, so they claim and many have affirmed that this hitch should take alot of the shock from bumps felt in the cab. Add the Mor/Ryde pin cushion and maybeeee the Trail Air Center Point Suspension, and I might be able to avoid buying the Air Ride seats. We shall see. The ironic part is I think I will be ending up with 3 different air compressors, one for my Truck air bags, one for the hitch air bags, and one for the Center Point suspension system. Wonder if any of those can be bled off to top off any suspect tires at the beginning of a trip, when I don't have access to an electricity outlet?