Airbag alternative on F350

14f350

Hi everyone,

New guy here and new to 5th wheel towing as well. I have gleaned a lot of information from this forum that helped in our decision to purchase our new 2015 Big Country 3650RL. We pick it up on Friday!

While we are new to 5th wheels, we are not new to towing boats, travel trailer's and we have owned a couple slide-in campers. I had one camper in particular that was very heavy and I had no choice but to add air bags. While they helped considerably with leveling me out, I absolutely hated what they did to my ride quality when I was unloaded and running the minimum 5 psi in them. It wasn't unbearable, but it was rather disappointing. BTW, this was on a '99 F350 SRW truck.

So here I am again. I own a 2014 F350 SRW. I know I want to, and will probably need to, level out my truck when I hook up to the new BC. I did admittedly look at some airbags that have built in bump stops withing the bellows that allow you to deflate to 0 psi, but I am still leery. While researching and attempting to find the end of the internet, I came across Torklift StableLoad part #A7310. I have read everything I could find about them. I watched a few YouTube videos and then I decided I am gonna give it a try.

I have received them and will install them tomorrow. My first test will be to tow my 22' Keystone Tail-Gator (our trade-in) to the dealer with the sway bays disconnected. I figure that alone will be verification as to whether I wasted my $180 on this suspension upgrade.

I know this was a long winded way of getting to my question, but here it is: Is anyone out there using the Torklift StableLoad A7310?

Thank you for everyone who has posted to this site! You have all contributed a great deal of valuable information for people like me who are on the fence regarding purchasing a Heartland product, as well as for other owners who are seeking information!!

P.S. - My hitch is a B&W Companion.

Ron
2014 F350 SRW Crewcab 8' bed
2015 Big Country 3650RL

14f350

I would love to edit this with the original post, but I am unable to from Taptalk?! Regarding the sentence about the Keystone: it should read "...to the dealer with the SWAY BARS DISCONNECTED..."