Albuquerque Area Campgrounds

SilverRhino

We have some business in Albuquerque and plan on staying for a few days. I have checked rvparkreviews.com, but I was wondering if anyone has any first hand knowledge of any of the parks in this area. Stagecoach Stop just N of Albuquerque gets good reviews from Good Sam, as does American RV Park, so we were kind of leaning that way.

First hand knowledge would be appreciated........Thanks.

Rrloren

We stayed at the American RV Park a few years ago and it was a nice place. Easy access to get into town .I can recommend it.

VideoGuy3

If you are coming from the East on Rt 40 the KOA is a good choice and from the South on 25 then Isleta is fine. I have stayed in both as well as Stagecoach Stop. It all depends on where you are coming from and where you will be visiting in Albuquerque.

aatauses

We stayed in Stagecoach Stop. It was a nice park, good clean facilities, good level sites, a little high on price, great views, close to food, an easy on/off to the train for getting to Albuquerque or Santa Fe (and only $2, with free parking)
al

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We stayed at High Desert as an overnight. Watch out for the j-wrap-eating yellow 3ft. poles. ;)

kimming07

We stayed at the Turquoise Trail Campground ad RV Park on the east side on the Turquoise Trail. The owner was very nice and refunded our money when we asked to leave.

It was a mix of permanent trailers and overnights. If you get a spot away from the permanent areas it is ok for a staging area to visit Albuquerque or to head up the Turquoise Trail to Santa Fe. If you get stuck in permanent area I would decline and move on. To hook up our sewer and water connections had to remove neighbor connections, install wye or splitter, and then reconnect. I might just be too picky but not my idea of camping of messing with others sewer lines...

RoadJunkie

American RV is a pretty good place and offers complimentary breakfast that is not too bad, actually pretty good. Nice little pool, and is about 1/4 mile off of the interstate; the noise did not bother us while staying on the farthest spaces from the freeway. It's on the West side, if that's convenient. I've never stayed at the Stagecoach, but have driven through it in order to evaluate for potential future stays. They have some "premium" spots that have a little bit of grass, if you're into premium sites. There is a WalMart in close proximity and some restaurants fairly close in Bernalillo but about 4-5 miles from I-25. In summary, American RV is on the far West side of Albuquerque, and the Stagecoach is on the far North side.

santafesoul

We have stayed in both parks before we moved to the Albuquerque area. Stagecoach would be my choice but mainly because of the off park amenities. There are several fast food restaurants, a Denny's, an I Hop, and some very good New Mexican restaurants. Let me know if you chose that one and I will help with directions and suggestions for eating establishments. Oh did I forget to mention that there is a Super Walmart just blocks from the park.

Paul

SilverRhino

Thanks to all for you input.......Found out that our business will be in Bernalillo, so we opted for the N Albuquerque KOA. We will be meeting up with another couple who had already decided on that location.....we will see.

nscaler2

We have stayed in the N Bernalilio KOA. The park is pretty nice. It clean and the parking spots are realatively level. The wifi is spotty. The cable tv is snowy. However, you are close enough to a major city, your antenna will work just fine. We have stayed there more than once because it was close to what we wanted to do.