All Packed Up and Arnie Says LETS GO!

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I'm hooked up, we are packed up and Arnie is jumping up and down and barking at me. As soon as I hooked up the trailer he went all Harry Bananas ready to go.

We aren't leaving till tomorrow. Heading to Columbus, OH for DW to do a consulting job, then to Elkhart and on to Michigan for the summer.

See you on the road.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Where abouts in Michigan are you going to be? The weather is great right now (and forecasted into next week) in the "Tip-o-da-Mitt." Nice thing about Michigan is you always have maps of both the lower and upper peninsulas, literally at your fingertips;)

rick_debbie_gallant

Hey Brother,

if you guys get to this neck of the woods give us a call, stop in, stay a while or meet for lunch, breakfast or dinner.

Here is the lat/long: 43.201574,-83.600939 (13270 Belsay Road, Millington Mi 48746

and a phone number 810-691-3441. Only thing we have coming up is a wedding on the 21st of july and the rally in august.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Glad to hear that the weather is good:cool:

My wife's family is all up at Bad Axe in the thumb area. We will be up there until the Michigan Rally. We are going to it on our way home. Stacy has a sister that lives nearby.

We are gonna pack up at some point and go to Mackinaw for a few days (I'm gonna eat my weight in fudge) I've never been there but DW has been trying to get me there for a while.

Hope to see you guys.

donr827

Dogs seem to have the ability to sense that a change is happening. When ever I start to move things from the house to the trailer she watches me like a jealous wife. The day that we actually leave she hops in her cage and will not move for anything. She knows that the last thing to go to the trailer is her cage.
Don

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Dogs seem to have the ability to sense that a change is happening. When ever I start to move things from the house to the trailer she watches me like a jealous wife. The day that we actually leave she hops in her cage and will not move for anything. She knows that the last thing to go to the trailer is her cage.
Don

Oh yes, Arnie will jump in the back seat of the truck, in his booster seat, and hunker down as low as he can get. You have to pry him out of there.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Arnie's got it right!

You got that right Jim! We brought the new BH home from Gillette and it has set there ever since. Arnie and I have been ready to go, I didn't want to come back to the farm because there is nothing but hard work and sweat here. But, gotta do what we gotta do. In about 30 minutes I'm going out to mow my yard, grandma's, two barn yards and the family cemetery. I'll be done around 11. Last time till I get home. This mowing will kill it and if we get any rain (fingers crossed) dad will take care of it. I'm ready to get out of the hot S.O.B. and I don't mean Some Other Brand LOL! It'll be good to see you and everyone else at the MI rally.

pegmikef

You both and Arnie have a safe and joyous journey. I gotta say that Peggy and I are really envious, because of a little family drama we're going to have to hang out here in Texas for a few months (of course the hot ones). Hope that BH is working out for you. Maybe we'll see you some time in the fall. Mike and Peggy.

jbeletti

You got that right Jim! We brought the new BH home from Gillette and it has set there ever since. Arnie and I have been ready to go, I didn't want to come back to the farm because there is nothing but hard work and sweat here. But, gotta do what we gotta do. In about 30 minutes I'm going out to mow my yard, grandma's, two barn yards and the family cemetery. I'll be done around 11. Last time till I get home. This mowing will kill it and if we get any rain (fingers crossed) dad will take care of it. I'm ready to get out of the hot S.O.B. and I don't mean Some Other Brand LOL! It'll be good to see you and everyone else at the MI rally.

See you in MI - travel safe.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Well, I'm in the house and showered up. Cut a tire on my mower so my mowin got cut short (no pun intended). Dad said he'll fix it. Not much to mow but crunchy stuff anyway.

Mike, as always we look forward to seeing you and Peg just as soon as we can. Maybe next year you guys can join us going North.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Rex
We plan to be in Elkhart Campground on about the 21 of this month. Plan to stay there and get some minor repair done. Should be there about a week or so. Come by and say Hi if you have time.

BC

rick_debbie_gallant

Rex, when are you guys heading to the rally in Michigan? I think we are supposed to get there either the 21st or 22nd. If you decide to stop by we have plenty of space and it easy to turn around here.

ILH

I'm hooked up, we are packed up and Arnie is jumping up and down and barking at me. As soon as I hooked up the trailer he went all Harry Bananas ready to go.

We aren't leaving till tomorrow. Heading to Columbus, OH for DW to do a consulting job, then to Elkhart and on to Michigan for the summer.

See you on the road.

Michigan seems to be the place to be! We're heading out tomorrow morning for a couple of week - passing through MI for about 4 days. I have familY in the Grand Rapids area I haven't seen in years. Somewhere along the way we'll also be stopping in Elkhart and Moline before rounding out the trip. My son is excited about the John Deere factory.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Stacy just got home, her office is shut down and we're on the road. We will be looking for you on the road. 1st Stop...Joplin, MO.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Michigan seems to be the place to be! We're heading out tomorrow morning for a couple of week - passing through MI for about 4 days. I have familY in the Grand Rapids area I haven't seen in years. Somewhere along the way we'll also be stopping in Elkhart and Moline before rounding out the trip. My son is excited about the John Deere factory.

The John Deere pavillion downtown is nice but don't skip the JD world headquarters on the edge of town. They have even more equipment and was not at all crowded like the downtown pavillion was.

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hey! You guys have a safe and fun trip. We will see you at the Fall Rally in Thackerville... I liked the blog you started There is a change you need to make on one of the photos at the Gillette Rally.... call me and I will tell you which one.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Well we've been on the road a day and a half and are at Stanton MO KOA. Travelin has been good other than me and a truck driver didn't see eye to eye on 44. He tried to pass me on a hill and couldn't. I had my cruise control set on 65 and never changed. He apparently recognized the power of the Chevy and the DURAMAX and hailed to it's greatness. I know this because DW said that he was telling me that I was #1.

Seen 3 Bighorns and 2 Northtrails all going SW on 44 and one BH in the campground tonight that we'll go visit later.

Larry, I'll call you later.

It's great to be on the road.

Tumblebug

You should have waved when you went by exit 58, that,s close to where the MPG hangs out., and I would have given you another ride in the golf cart. Have a great trip. Be safe ot there!