All Season Rated??

logsend

Okay so we are trying our best to sort threw all the information and pick out an RV. We want to be able to use our fifth wheel from really early in the spring to really late in the fall. Our question is this what sort of insulation, heating and protection is offered for the plumbing lines, tanks etc on the luxury models? Does some come with an all seasons uses label? I see the Yeti package but that just sounds like heating pads and heat tape to me.

Thanks for any help!

danemayer

Hi logsend,

The Yeti package also includes extra radiant barrier insulation. As for general insulation, in general, the higher up in the product line you go, the better the R values.

Get a fireplace, dual pane windows, Yeti package and read our Water Systems Winter Usage Guide for tips on how to protect the plumbing in really cold weather.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Unless you're going to spend the winter ski season in the Rockies like Dan the Yeti pkg is unnecessary for 3 season outings. We've had our BH ( no Yeti pkg ) out during nighttime temps in the teens, some with strong winds, several days, 2-3, below freezing without issues. We utilize the fireplace and a ceramic heater but make sure the furnace cycles regularly for the underbelly. I also use a couple of incandescent light bulbs for heat in the UDC and basement. Use some good bed linens, flannel sheets and a wool blanket, you'll be nice and cozy without worries. If you aren't heating the RV make sure you drain and winterize!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

logsend

Thanks! We know we want dual pane windows and the fireplace for sure, it's just trying to sort through what model offers what that gets to be a little mind numbing.

rxbristol

Unless you're going to spend the winter ski season in the Rockies like Dan the Yeti pkg is unnecessary for 3 season outings. We've had our BH ( no Yeti pkg ) out during nighttime temps in the teens, some with strong winds, several days, 2-3, below freezing without issues. We utilize the fireplace and a ceramic heater but make sure the furnace cycles regularly for the underbelly. I also use a couple of incandescent light bulbs for heat in the UDC and basement. Use some good bed linens, flannel sheets and a wool blanket, you'll be nice and cozy without worries. If you aren't heating the RV make sure you drain and winterize!

I agree with what travelin2 said--and we live in ours fulltime. We use one of the new oil radiator heaters instead of a ceramic one.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Go with a BC, BH, or LM. Whatever your wallet can handle. You won't be disappointed. We haven't. Just spoke this week to another BH owner and LM owner at the park were currently at and both will tell you the same thing !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOTTOYS

If you get the Yetti package and the dual pane windows on a Landmark, Big Horn or Big Country you will be getting about the highest insulation values in the Heartland line-up. There really is no such thing as a "4 Seasons' or "All Seasons" rated trailer based on industry standards. These are terms the various manufactures throw around to try and impress you. One manufacturers "All Season" trailer could be way inferior to another. With the three that I listed you will be getting close to the top as far as insulation values go and for what you want any of these should work well...Don

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We have a Landmark with the Yeti package and dual pane windows, fireplace, etc. We spent this past winter in the plateau area of Middle TN. We experienced temps down to -6 and many days hovering at or below zero...an unusual winter to say the least. We stayed quite comfortable with no modifications to the rig and only adding a oil filled electric radiator to the mix....I know you will have no problems using one of Heartland's top three in a typical MD winter...we spent our entire lives there until retirement!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Off point a little. The front bath BH is a nice coach...but pin heavy. You did not mention what your TV is. You will need a 350/3500 TV and a DRW would be the best. Good luck with your choice.

logsend

Thanks Bob. We haven't gotten our truck yet, but dh has decided on a 3500. We will most likely get the truck first and then make sure of the weights before we get our rv. Since adding extras can change the weight of the truck we know we want to stay safely under the 'magic' numbers ;)

logsend

Oh and I just didn't list all the ones I like lol, there are others in each BH, BC, L & G that have made our list. We just need to go and see all of them before we decide.

sengli

That front bath model , has alot of plumbing in the front cap, and overhang area, where isnt alot of "meat" to put insulation, or heating. Plus how do you access that plumbing if you were to have an issue? That alone would worry me in the cold.