Almost 9 months in a 2013-1/2 4000 Elite - I recommend to avoid it

It's been almost 9 months and some of you may recall my posts. While I can speak positively of Anthony with customer services, I cannot speak positively of the build quality of this unit. While at this RV park, other Cyclone owners from models built in 2008 upward speak poorly as well. Not all things are bad but everyone is definitely more vocal about the bad then the good.

I do talk to others and explain how an RV is a labor lot love that you either must be willing to get dirty to do repairs or hire others to do those same repairs. I don't mind that. I do mind poor build quality and attention to detail.

we have the screened assembly on the back with the deck add on. The assembly folks missed the screws mounting into the backing plate. This isn't something hard to see.

Around the fireplace there is trim. It would see the assembly staff go by eye and do not use a square. The term was mounted so I have a parallelogram and not a rectangle.

In the switch panel, there is a labeled but unused switch for a slide. But then the put in a special switch justify the bedroom slide.

There are many other issues that have required effort and energy to resolve. One of the things told to me by a Heartland rep was that the owner lives in these units after being designed. I don't recall if it's a prototype the owners live in or a live model. In either way, I believe the owner(s) may have stayed a night or two but not really live or use a unit. Of course, the big difference is a non-paying user general doesn't have the critical eye of a person paying thousands for their RV or anything for that matter.

Lets take this example of the bedroom closet. The closet is narrow enough that the clothes must hang at an angle. I have a hard time believing that an owner would allow for that considering an adjustment of one inch would make the difference between staging hanging and hanging at an angle. Perhaps the closet is designed to be wider but the assembly was off. Either way, it shouldn't have to be something the purchaser must deal with. BTW, the closet rod ripped out and I discovered the assembler missed the backing board for the closet rod to mount into.

Once again, the customer service has been pretty good. Not so much can be said about the construction.

Ti

dbbls59

I had the same problem with the closet rod. Had to move it 3 inches back so clothing would hand correctly.