Anderson Ultimate Fifth Wheel Hitch

Rollin_Free

A photo from Anderson's Facebook with the new funnel.

Looks like the funnel will just slide over the existing king pin block so anyone could purchase the upgrade. Smart upgrade!! I'm gonna see if it's available to purchase as an option upgrade for my hitch.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Since your hitch weight is about 180 lbs I agree that it helps in snow slightly. My 220+ lb Curt slider did too and I left it in my truck as well for over a year for the weight benefit but mostly for convinence of storing it out of the way. Problem is/was that I needed to use my truck for other things so I was always having to take it out (with help), do what I was gonna do, then put it back in. There's no way I could put anything else in my less than organized garage.

Oh . . . I know about the less than organized garage . . . right now we have my stuff, my brother's stuff (he died a few years back), and my step-son's stuff as he just bought a new place and is staying with us while painting before moving in . . .

And Cathy can't get her car in their right now :mad: . . . so you probably know how that can be! :p

One thing I like about leaving the hitch in the back is that when anyone asks me to help them move . . . I have the excuse of not being able to put stuff back there! :eek:

BTW, Nice truck

Thanks!

I do miss my topper from time to time . . . but love the 5th-wheel more so can learn to live without it!

Anyway, since I do have a short box, I like having the option of the slider hitch, but years down the road (yeah, right . . . ) when we upgrade to a bigger truck and 5'ver, this Anderson hitch looks pretty interesting!

Rollin_Free

The best part of making the jump is I gained about 190 lbs of payload reserve, just in case I eat too much at Grandma's house (Ha) wait I'm livin at grandma's and I can store the hitch in the RV basement storage area. It fits perfect if I flip the tripod ball upside down. One of the UTube videos showed putting it in there so I can't take credit for putting it in the space. HooRa outa sight out of mind and really close when I wanta hook up and go.

Aandaar

Can some post a link to the FB page? I can't seam to locate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Footnote: I haven't had the need to use my slider hitch yet . . .

But next time I need to back my Prowler into my side yard and my neighbor has his truck in my way . . . well, yes!

I may need my slider hitch to get my trailer into my side yard . . . !

I'll let you know . . .

ProwlerSnow-IMAG0235.jpg ProwlerNextToHouse-P1010699.jpg ProwlerNextToHouse-P1010693.jpg ProwlerNextToHouse-P1010690.jpg ProwlerNextToHouse-P1010691.jpg

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
So I was looking for more options for the RAM and noticed that they offer a OEM fifth Wheel hitch with the RAM name on it. Anyone know who makes it for them.
15nsr2c.jpg

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
My dealer told me the Ram hitch was in fact made by Curt for Ram...But if I remember correctly, at a higher price!

Doublegranch

Just ordered the Anderson Hitch....#3220.....Aluminum which is their latest issue....the Safety Chains and also the new funnel they just came out with...
Get this....the funnel is 3" in front of the ball socket and you simple back your truck ball under the funnel and it will
slide the ball in place....don't have to worry about if you ball is set. Can't wait to try this one out!
EXCITED>>>>>>It will be shipped out next Tuesday....

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Just ordered the Anderson Hitch....#3220.....Aluminum which is their latest issue....the Safety Chains and also the new funnel they just came out with...
Get this....the funnel is 3" in front of the ball socket and you simple back your truck ball under the funnel and it will
slide the ball in place....don't have to worry about if you ball is set. Can't wait to try this one out!

Congrats. I just keep coming back to the simplicity of this hitch. Hopefully you have a few miles and opinions by the time the RAM arrives.

Rollin_Free

Congratulations- you'll be amazed how solid it will feel and tow. The only problem I see is you haven't pulled a 5th wheel yet so you're only going to get half the story.

I've got an idea: When you meet up with other campers see if you can go around the block, so to speak, with their camper still connected and see just how much different the ride will be with a clam shell 5th wheel hitch. Just to be fair make sure you're comparing the similar make/model truck as yours.

Doublegranch

Great idea....While I have never pulled a fifth wheel, I have pulled gooseneck horse trailers...I am thinking they could be close to what I will feel with the Anderson...but not really sure!!

Kbvols

Rollin Free and George thanks for the information regarding the hitching process.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk