Anderson valve rebuild kit.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya I had the same problem (water filling up my fresh water tank when hooked up to City water) but it was the check valve in my water pump.
A new pump fixed my problem. I still have my original Anderson valve working good. 2 Year's now...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

aRAYwego

Ya I had the same problem (water filling up my fresh water tank when hooked up to City water) but it was the check valve in my water pump.
A new pump fixed my problem. I still have my original Anderson valve working good. 2 Year's now...

I checked the pump per user guide instructions and as far as I can tell it is fine. Will try the rebuild kit and go from there.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You can pull the line going to the tank off of the back of the Anderson valve. It's the one on the right looking at it from the back. Then turn on the city water with the valve on Normal. Put a towel down first.
You can also pull the suction line off of the pump (white hose) and watch both water is filling your tank from one or the other. Or maybe even both...

SNOKING

Yes very easy even after just returning from 5 hours at ER, to get my leg checked out. Chris

SNOKING

We have been traveling for five days Az to Wa. I got my left calf beat up when the wind blew over a box spring while helping friends move 9 days ago. Scratches healed but still a lot of swelling. ER said I have a contusion hematoma, and it is going to take weeks to get better. No blood clots, but my warfarin made it worst. Drats! Chris

SNOKING

I saved the old Anderson insert for spare o-rings.

Chris

- - - Updated - - -

That stinks
Sorry to hear that.

At least I can drive vs the scary alternitive! We have been going so slow we would have ended back up in AZ. Chris

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I received six Anderson repair kits today. Ron from Anderson brass sent them to me as a donation. If any of you have a tough operating valve or think yours is leaking into your fresh water tank, track me down at the next rally or anywhere you might run into me and I will check yours out and replace as needed.
Thanks Ron for the great customer service.

We have had our original valve rebuilt at the Heartland service facility in Elkhart and then 4 new ones installed and every single one fills the fresh tank while on city water. We are heading east and will not be near any rallies unfortunately. My first thought is to somehow prevent water from going to the fresh tank. Is there a separate hose that I can clamp off?
The last replacement valve came from Anderson according to the service rep so I'm not sure that's even the problem anymore. We tested what we thought was fully, switching between fresh and city, driving the unit around to jiggle the connection and switching the valve again and it wasn't leaking when we left Elkhart yesterday morning. It filled up overnight and is overflowing this morning. We have a better quality pressure regulator installed but maybe it isn't working and blowing out the valve? I would have expected the service tech to check that in one of the times they worked on it. Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks much in advance for your help and experiences with this problem. Wish we were going to be near Jesstalkn to have a look-see but we are reserved for the next 8 weeks on the east coast and Canada and it would be expensive to cancel.
Nancy

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Nancy bring it buy :)
I'm pretty sure it is your check valve in your water pump. Have Heartland send you a new pump.
That's the same thing mine was doing. The new pump solved my issue. I still have the original Anderson valve and haven't had any problems with it.
I was also having problems with the pump cycling every 15 min or so for now reason and that solved that problem too.

Good luck and let us know how it goes after you get the new pump in

Jerrod

danemayer

We have had our original valve rebuilt at the Heartland service facility in Elkhart and then 4 new ones installed and every single one fills the fresh tank while on city water. We are heading east and will not be near any rallies unfortunately. My first thought is to somehow prevent water from going to the fresh tank. Is there a separate hose that I can clamp off?
The last replacement valve came from Anderson according to the service rep so I'm not sure that's even the problem anymore. We tested what we thought was fully, switching between fresh and city, driving the unit around to jiggle the connection and switching the valve again and it wasn't leaking when we left Elkhart yesterday morning. It filled up overnight and is overflowing this morning. We have a better quality pressure regulator installed but maybe it isn't working and blowing out the valve? I would have expected the service tech to check that in one of the times they worked on it. Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks much in advance for your help and experiences with this problem. Wish we were going to be near Jesstalkn to have a look-see but we are reserved for the next 8 weeks on the east coast and Canada and it would be expensive to cancel.
Nancy

It's probably the water pump. You can very easily and quickly add a 1/2" Sharkbite Press-On Check Valve on the suction side of the water pump to fix the problem. Sharkbite or equivalent can be found at many hardware stores or at a plumbing supply store.

Please take a look at our Fresh Tank Filling By Itself guide, located here. It explains all of this and shows you how to tell for sure that your Anderson Valve is or isn't the problem.

Thanks for the info. We are heading out in a few minutes towards the Syracuse area and I will for sure check the info page and do another test to see if it's the valve or the pump. Neither of us are very handy but I think this shouldn't be too difficult. The worst part is the frustration of spending so much time at Heartland and it still isn't fixed. 😟

danemayer

The worst part is the frustration of spending so much time at Heartland and it still isn't fixed. 😟

The pump check valve leak has shown up occasionally for years, but the Anderson Valve o-ring leak has been much more common recently. So naturally everyone jumps to the conclusion that the Anderson Valve is the problem.

If you test the valve and find it leaking, replace the entire valve assembly, not just the insert. There could be something inside causing o-ring damage.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

It's probably the water pump. You can very easily and quickly add a 1/2" Sharkbite Press-On Check Valve on the suction side of the water pump to fix the problem. Sharkbite or equivalent can be found at many hardware stores or at a plumbing supply store.

Please take a look at our Fresh Tank Filling By Itself guide, located here. It explains all of this and shows you how to tell for sure that your Anderson Valve is or isn't the problem.
Dan
I know on my unit there is nowhere on the suction line to install a Sharkbite check valve. It is all soft rubber line. If you can remember that adapter I made to put in there. I'll try and find the picture. I never did install it because​ after changing my pump all of my problems were solved.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Found the picture
This is a adapter I made up to be able to install the Sharkbite one-way check valve on the suction side of the pump.
I never did install it because the new pump solved my issue.
You would just installed on the back of the Anderson valve.
84d1a8f02e4ca3e37c8053cd568d6d77.jpg

richheck

Seasoned Member
The pump check valve leak has shown up occasionally for years, but the Anderson Valve o-ring leak has been much more common recently. So naturally everyone jumps to the conclusion that the Anderson Valve is the problem.

If you test the valve and find it leaking, replace the entire valve assembly, not just the insert. There could be something inside causing o-ring damage.

Dan

You can purchase the complete 4 way valve or rebuild kit from fitzilla.com listed under Valves in upper menu, the Complete valve is only a little over $13.00 more than the rebuild kit.

imagepng