Another slide leak- 2012 28BRS

We are living in our new 2012 28BRS while our house is being constructed. This makes it tough to take in for repairs obviously.

We've had a lot of rain, and had no leaks until last night. Rain was quite heavy, with a good wind to drive it along. Today we had some water running along the bottom of the wall from the end of the slide into the bedroom, as the front of the trailer is down a wee bit.

I took a look at the slide today during a break from the rain. The outside rubber flaps are all flipped out as they should be. I noticed that there are a couple plastic tabs on the sides of the slide and I assume these are to flip the rubber seals in or out as the slide is retracted/extended. The top does not have any of these tabs. Should it?

I noticed that the sealing tape that runs along the top from end to end is torn up and lifting in one spot and water is pooling there. Is it possible that because the plastic tabs are not there, that the rubber strip is hitting this tape and peeling it up instead of being flipped inward by the plastic tabs when the slide is retracted? Just looking for ideas.

Thanks in advance.

It's been weird here for weather. Very warm, VERY dry winter. Then we've had what feels like non-stop rain for the last month...Wish I could help you out.

PeternLiane

Pictures of the areas will help.

Also it would help if you guys could send some of that rain over here. That would be great please. LOL

Dry winter, Dry spring now the Miller Moths are everywhere.

T

Tfitz

Doc did you ever get this leak resolved? I too have the 28brs and had leaks. The dealer did add the plastic tabs to the top of my slide, but I still had leaks. I ended up correcting the problem myself. I sat in the trailer laying on the floor during a rain storm with a flash light and too my amaze watched water enter from the corner of where the silicone ends at the bottom of the slide side wall. So outside i go and determine that the water is running down the side of the slide and catching on the top of the seal tape so I put up an umbrella dried the area and put a bead of caulking along the edge of the seal tape and have not had a leak since that was a year ago.

I also had a leak in the same area. I recaulked the silde out and changed all the screws to stainless ones and caulked them as well. I retaped the bottom corners and so far no problems

I was at the local dealer recently and saw brand new units with the same water damaged areas on the small slide outs. Must be a common problem when building the units