Another Tire Question This Time Production Date

Jhuff8181

The date code on my Towmax tires is DOT ABD2 GPB 2314. Which if I'm reading it correctly means they were made in the 23rd week of 2014 making them pretty new. Am I just being paranoid spending $1500 to $2000 to replace these tires? I know a lot of people post about their problems with these tires but obviously no posts about the problems they don't have.

SilverRhino

I knew that was probaly what you meant....Just giving you a bad time!

When we purchased our BC in 09, we were just doing short trips so I left them on keeping a close eye on them. Did 4 or 5 trips close to home then stored unit for the winter..... the next spring I replaced them, just felt better getting them off the trailer. There seem to be two options on the forum for tires, one from Goodyear the other from Michelin. I have had excellant service out of my Carlisle Radial Trail tires...... know lot of people say they are no good....but, as I said, I have not had problems with them.

branson4020

Icantre Member
I wore out a set of TowMax on the BH - just lucky I guess. Replaced them with Maxxis and have been very happy with them.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The date code on my Towmax tires is DOT ABD2 GPB 2314. Which if I'm reading it correctly means they were made in the 23rd week of 2014 making them pretty new. Am I just being paranoid spending $1500 to $2000 to replace these tires? I know a lot of people post about their problems with these tires but obviously no posts about the problems they don't have.

Well, let's put it this way. After seeing LOTS of TowMax blowout posts, folks tend to report repair from a tire blowout is around $1500, and the rig is out of commission for a month or more, not to mention how it ruins part of your trip you are on when it happens. Are you willing to hold your money, worry every trip and hope it never happens, or spend it now, add it to the "cost of RVing" and relax and enjoy your travels?

There seem to many folks in the Blowmax Owners Club. Don't join if you don't have to!

FiremanBill

keep the blowmax's on there and you will likely get to experience something like this... On the bright side the fella from Moody's tire service was really nice.

This was the second blowout on the same trip...

Attachments

• blowmax.jpg
    blowmax.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 45

Gaffer

I don't know what rig you have but if you are showing 10,000 lbs or less on the scales with the trailer axrls you should think about selling your Towmax on Craigslist and moving up to Maxxis.