Any 3795 owners here?

sbryan

Not everyone can afford a new truck and a new Cyclone. We have the new truck but have purchased a 2007 Cyclone Full Throttle in a private sale from the original owner. We've had it a month and we've been working to make it our own. The PO has given us a lot of time taking us through all the systems and quirks. The RV is in great shape. There's some surface rust on the frame which I have wire brushed and sprayed with Fluid Film. I'm curious what tips other owners might have for us. We are long time tent campers - this is our first RV - and so far we've had a lot of fun thinking about trying it out. I've had it out on the local roads and it tows like a dream with the triple axle. Brakes are in great shape. We have a 5500 Onan and two AC's. What about it you old pros - what tips do you have for we newbies?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

sbryan

It appears there are no 3795 owners here. Must be I own an antique!

porthole

Retired
Don't know how many 3795's there are, but you started your post 3 weeks ago when 500 active forum members were at the National Rally in Goshen, Indiana.

There are so many things for a nw RV'r to figure out, maybe pick some subjects that interest to get the ball rolling.

I'll start with the genny. Was it used regularly? Have you used it and run it under a good load for at least an hour?
I am not familar with any model older then 2010, so does your Cyclone have a fuel tank? Does the genny run with gasoline or propane?

sbryan

The generator is gas, has 25 hours on it, starts and runs fine. This Cyclone has a gas tank and fueling station and the generator runs off that.

As new folks here I didn't realize there were so many folks at the rally (or even that there was a rally until I saw some posts about it). Perhaps some folks will respond when the dust settles.

Or maybe we do have an antique! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

jjriker

Don't have a Cyclone, but just wanted to say, Welcome to the club!! Hope you have many hours of enjoyable rving ahead!! :)

If you get a chance sometime, take in a rally or campout. We have a lot of fun. Next year's Northeast Regional rally is near Boston. You can find it under the Events tab.

Mizmary

We have a cyclone - we opted for an older truck and a newer cyclone. Not the same model but we love ours. Welcome to the group!!

sbryan

Thanks for the welcome folks. We probably won't get out with our rig until fall because of other commitments but the time was right to buy it. Private sale locally from someone we know and who was meticulous about maintenance. We got an excellent deal and the rig came furnished with dishes, bedding, etc. We're also pleased to have a king bed.

jimtoo

Hi propperchopper,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Check out the forum and also join the Heartland Owners Club. Attend some rallies and you will meet the best folks around. You will also get to eat the best food at the rallies.

Enjoy your Cyclone and the forum.

Jim M

sbryan

Welcome to what seems to be a small community of 3795 owners. We haven't been camping yet but the Cyclone is looking more like ours as web have been fitting it up with our stuff.

Thanks, we've only had ours out once because we totaled our truck but new one should be here soon. We really like our th just have some changes to make it ours and perfect.

sbryan

Thanks, we've only had ours out once because we totaled our truck but new one should be here soon. We really like our th just have some changes to make it ours and perfect.

Sorry to hear about the truck but as long as no one was hurt. Trucks can be replaced - people can't. What are looking to get for a tow vehicle? We have an F350 crew cab long bed that seems to go very well with the Cyclone.

rb3500

hello... I am new to the site and also just picked up a new to us 3795 ,I am working on fixing the imperfections and adding little things to make it our own............... RB

jimtoo

hello... I am new to the site and also just picked up a new to us 3795 ,I am working on fixing the imperfections and adding little things to make it our own............... RB

Hi RB,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

That's part of owning a RV, making changes and making it your own. If you need help with anything the Heartland family is here.

Check out the Portal Page and the rallies listed,, attend a rally and meet lots of great folks.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

sbryan

Welcome aboard. We too are owners of a new to us 3795. It has been a summer of furnishing and modifying to make it ours. Also some maintenance to remove some rust on the frame and to clean and treat the roof, change the oil in the generator and replace some tires that are 6 years old. We're doing our maiden voyage tomorrow.

rb3500

Welcome aboard. We too are owners of a new to us 3795. It has been a summer of furnishing and modifying to make it ours. Also some maintenance to remove some rust on the frame and to clean and treat the roof, change the oil in the generator and replace some tires that are 6 years old. We're doing our maiden voyage tomorrow.

we will have to settle for camping in the driveway for now....at least till October ... RB

jimtoo

Hi RB,

Just think,,,, camp in the driveway,, no cost and you can make all the changes to make it your own special camper.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

sbryan

On our second night and third day with our rig. Thirty four degrees yesterday morning but the rig warmed up nicely in the am. So far we are loving it. We are using the garage as our kennel on this trip to see how the three dogs adapt. It has worked out perfectly. We will be able to travel with them and the motorcycles no problem. Few small things I want to fix. Lights on the bed are way too bright and need individual controls. Need to arrange better storage for the loft ladder. But we have been very happy with our first outing.

santafedave

Santafedave
I have a 2008 3795 and it is still going strong. We are going to Sand Mountain, NV next week. I have put 6 new tires on, I had the Reico/Titan landing system installed, new covers for the vents on top and I the 5th airborne pinbox installed. I have been all over southern california, northern california and oregon with my rig and it sure is comfortable. It is really nice to primitive camp and still be able to take a hot shower when you are done riding. Were are you guys going with your rig?