Any 4200 owners out there yet?

ketah777

Hello, I would love to hear feedback from anyone that may own a 4200. Pictures would be great too. If anyone here has this model, please share the things you like or don't like. Also, is the loft the same size as the 4100 loft? It looks like both of our kids could fit in the 4100 loft, but I haven't been able to see in any pictures if the 4200 loft is the same size. Thanks for any feedback!

Dryer

We should have ours soon. Luckily the dealer close to our house got one and we were able to check it out. As far as the bunk size I don't remember. I would say its about the size of a twin bed.

jeffdee

The loft was about 50% larger than the loft in my 3110. The 4200 loft has an L-shape loft. My loft is roughly the width of a twin mattress but much longer (the loft's length is the inside width of the rv).

I sure liked the full bath in the 12' garage. The side patio was still in the stowed position.

Overall, the 4200 is a very, very nice toy hauler!

Miketnsa1

keta7771separate llo said:
Love: Side Patio w/40" TV and mini frig
Love: The large one piece tub
Love: The side patio and it's ability to help insulate the living area on the right side of coach
Love: The 2nd Full Bath with a Shower Larger than the one in our 24' Thor Citation Sprinter
Love: The large windows in living area and Master Bedroom
Love: The Huge Broyhill Couch with (3) amazingly comfortable power recliners
Love: Having up to 5 separate living areas in and around coach and 5 flat sceen tv's
Love: The Fireplace
Love: The the extremely powerful and very stable 6 point leveling--will lift all wheels with Smart Car with ease
Love: All 3 power awnings with LED Lighting
Love: The residential frig (only when plugged into shore power)
Love: The very strong entry steps unlike past units we've owned
Love: The insulation as the 4200 cooled well in 96 degree direct sun
Like: Exterior
Like: Fit and finish
Hate: The 1000 inverter that will not run the frig going down the road, needs a 2000w to solve problem but many including me have yet to be able to enjoy our new units because Heartland can't get a grip on a super easy problem to solve

scottyb

Got to see some friends' a couple weeks ago. They may show up on here soon.

Attachments

• IMAG0038.jpg
    IMAG0038.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 86

SteinHaus

We are considering the 4200, but your comment on the fridge issue has us reconsidering. How do you work around this now?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi SteinHaus and welcome to the forum. Lots of good information shared on this great forum.
The problem with the refrigerator inverter was that originally it was sized based on the refrigerator manufacturers specs.
That manufacturer changes some things and that information was not passed along.
Long story short is that things were changed on the inverter to accommodate those changes.
I believe that all is well now and any units in the field are or will be retrofitted to reflect those changes.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

There's an article on the refrigerator/inverter fix in the 3Q2014 Heartland Highlights Newsletter.

SteinHaus

Dave,

Thanks for the quick feedback! We were pretty excited about the 4200, and went searching for any reasons 'Not to' buy it. I figured they would have this issue fixed quickly, but I'm always nervous about being an early adopter of any new model.

All the best,

Scott

jtbara

We just returned from first trip with 4200. Wife loves the frig. Did find frig off when we arrived, but stayed on for 3 hrs on way home. may have been operator era? Keeping eye on it, have also heard they have fix for this issue.

Dryer

We experienced the same issue with the inverter. When I called heartland customer care, they explained the issue they discovered with the residential refrigerator and the inverter not being able to handle the surge when the compressor kicks on. They are sending a new inverter they have updated to correct the issue. We should receive it in a few days at our campground. Have you tried contacting customer care yet?