Any other 3160 EL Owners?

C-Haert

Friends.

Just got got back from our first trip out with our 2016.

Spent a week at Fort Bragg (CA). A few minor problems with the unit, but it turned out to be the most relaxing vacation ever with my wife. Weather was great and the features incorporated into the trailer made the experience too good to be true. Not my first rig...just too bad we didn't pick this up 40yrs ago! I'd have to say the wide-open space inside, number/size of the windows, and of course the stadium seating with massage and heat was hardly roughing it. Didn't miss the lawnmower once! 😄
Retirement can't come soon enough!

C-Haert😎

Hello friends,

My wife and I purchased our 2015 3160EL back in August. I had purchased a pre-owned toy hauler in 2008, when I single, and since getting married in 2012, the toy hauler proved that it was not the right camper for us. On a vacation day in New York, we wandered into Wilkens in Bath, NY to just look around, having plans to attend the Hershey show in September. So, fast forward, we have the 2015 BH3160EL (no, we didn't go to the Hershey show). Amazing home away from home. We currently have it on a private track of improved land in the foothills of the Allegany Mountains. Will bring it home to MD next month once my midsection fully recovers from minor hernia surgery. (I never did catch onto camping in camp grounds when I was single, however, Melinda will certainly change that).

So, we love the camper. I have only two issues that come to mind at this time:

1. One of the MCD shades in the living room is the incorrect length, however, I believe the dealer will make good on replacing this, currently it's just a timing thing.

2. Since we camp in the boonies, there is no WIFI (we do have the three essentials, electricity, water, septic hookups). And it is apparent to me that the 3160 was designed for WIFI camping. So, here is where I need education, or information. Our unit has the Samsung HW-F350 sound bar, the Samsung BD-F5700 Blu Ray player, and a very nice flat screen television. But alas, we are more radio listeners than tv watchers. I understand that with a WIFI signal, the soundbar/Blu Ray can satisfy a radio receiver type of function, however, we don't have that WIFI signal. There is a radio in the storage area under the bedroom area, accessible from the entry door side of the camper. So, I'm curious as to what can be done for FM radio play inside the camper. The camper is amazing, and on the scale of importance, the full size refrigerator is much more important than a radio, but, the radio is missed.

If anyone has any info or questions, please share, we are eager to fully enjoy our new possession.

jimtoo

Hi melindavidlee,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some info for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

danemayer

Since we camp in the boonies, there is no WIFI (we do have the three essentials, electricity, water, septic hookups). Our unit has the Samsung HW-F350 sound bar, ...
I understand that with a WIFI signal, the soundbar/Blu Ray can satisfy a radio receiver type of function, however, we don't have that WIFI signal. There is a radio in the storage area under the bedroom area, accessible from the entry door side of the camper. So, I'm curious as to what can be done for FM radio play inside the camper.

Hi melindavidlee,

I looked up the manual for the HW-F350 and I don't see anything about WiFi. If it's actually an HW-F350 model (not HW-F355), it doesn't have Bluetooth receiver capability either. I think that just leaves the use of one of the wired inputs on the back of the soundbar. You may have to get a small radio to put in a cabinet and run a wire to the soundbar.

It's also possible to get a wireless transmitter/receiver and connect the transmitter to the radio and the receiver to the back of the soundbar, eliminating the wire.

kg_nc

There's an input jack on the back of the sound bar (I think it's a mini jack). You can plug in just about anything in there that has a stereo output. I use a XM radio from one of our cars and put the antenna by the window, works perfect. I believe it's labeled Aux, so on the remote select the Aux input which will be displayed on the sound bar. Hope this helps.