Any other 3160 EL Owners?

SeattleLion

We just purchased a 3160 EL. It's a new model and as far as I know, I have the only one in the Northwest. It was brought in for the Seattle RV show two weeks ago. It's a perfect layout for us and we are delighted not only with the camper, but with the wonderful people at Heartland. This forum and all the great members are just icing on the cake.

I wonder if anyone has had experience with this camper. Is there anything I should know? Advice?

We are new to fifth wheels. We are having the truck (2014 Ford F350 short bed 4x4 crew cab) fitted with a B&W Companion hitch. The camper has tons of extras (probably to show off at the RV Show) including 6 point auto leveling, bedroom A/C, fireplace, LED lights, and lots more.

dcwettstein

We are from Wisconsin and will be ordering a 3160 this week. It is also our first fifth Wheel. We went to the factory this week just to see one. There was no dealer closer that had one and we wanted to see it before we ordered one. We wanted a shorter floor plan and this one fit our needs. We plan to full time in about 1-2 years. I want to fit the rig up with solar panels so we can boondock with the comforts of home. This unit is great with the TV in the slide and you sit directly across from it. It is also on a swivel arm so you can see it from almost every where in the unit.

If you ever have a chance to visit the factory I suggest to do so.

Cant wait to get the unit.

This is a very new unit and there are not many out there.

Last edited:

SeattleLion

We are from Wisconsin and will be ordering a 3160 this week. It is also our first fifth Wheel. We went to the factory this week just to see one. There was no dealer closer that had one and we wanted to see it before we ordered one. We wanted a shorter floor plan and this one fit our needs. We plan to full time in about 1-2 years. I want to fit the rug up with solar panels so we can boondock with the comforts of home. This unit is great with the TV in the slide and you sit directly across from it. It is also on a swivel arm so you can see it from almost every where in the unit.

If you ever have a chance to visit the factory I suggest to do so.

Cant wait to get the unit.

This is a very new unit and there are not many out there.

We saw it at the Seattle RV show. We bought it there, signed the papers earlier this week and will do the PDI either next Saturday or the one after. We visited it last week at the dealer when we signed the papers. It's exactly what we want. If you are ordering one, consider the generator prep package. If you get that, the dealer can sell you a 5KW propane generator that will make boondocking the same as having a power hookup. Ours does not have this. We haven't felt any inclination to boondock, especially with something as big as the fiver.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
SeattleLion,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Club and to the Heartland Family! Congratulations on your new 3160 EL purchase! I know you are going to absolutely love it!

There are a couple upcoming events here in the NW that would be for you to attend to meet some fellow Heartland Owners Club members. The Washington Chapter and Oregon Chapter have combined our Rally's this year and made them almost back to back. The OR Chapter Rally is in North Bend (Coos Bay) this year on the weekend of July 11 - July 13, followed the following weekend by the Oregon Jamboree, which is in the same location. Then the following weekend after that (July 25 - July 27) is the WA Chapter Rally. We would love it if you could come out and meet a bunch of us and attend one, two or all three of our Rallys.

As your Chapter Leader, if you have any questions feel free to PM (personal message) me or email me. Hope to see you down the road in that fantastic new rig! Safe travels!

Rod Ditrich

dennych1

We ordered the 3160el this past week. We got it with the gen prep , the second low profile a/c and 6 point leveling and a mess of other options. Cant wait to pick it up.

Dennis

SeattleLion

Congratulations! Ours is similar. No gen prep. We didn't order ours, Heartland configured ours. Tons of bells and whistles including power shore power line.

dennych1

WE did get the power shore line also and the MCD shades and the ivory sides with the painted front cap. , slide toppers . We did add the 8k axles with larger brakes and g614 tires. Good luck with yours.

Dennis

dcwettstein

I ordered ours on Friday. No generator prep because I will be putting solar on it. Lots of other extras. Yetty package, Thermal windows, Fireplace, Power cord reel, to much more I can't remember. Will take 6-8 weeks. We are now official Heartland members.

SeattleLion

I ordered ours on Friday. No generator prep because I will be putting solar on it. Lots of other extras. Yetty package, Thermal windows, Fireplace, Power cord reel, to much more I can't remember. Will take 6-8 weeks. We are now official Heartland members.

welcome! We may be doing PDI on Saturday. Very exciting.

usnaviator

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
Ordered our BH3160EL on 2/26/14. Found out today it will go on line 4/1/2014 (hopefully Heartland is not April foolin me!) and take two days to be built. It will be a 2015. Yippie ki-yay!

danemayer

Ordered our BH3160EL on 2/26/14. Found out today it will go on line 4/1/2014 (hopefully Heartland is not April foolin me!) and take two days to be built. It will be a 2015. Yippie ki-yay!

Hi usnaviator,

Congratulations on your good news. Waiting is so hard but you're on the final stretch.

kg_nc

I know that this thread is about a year old, but anyway, we picked up our 3160 EL last weekend. We had a 40 foot Montana, wanted to down size a little. : ) Love the huge window in the main cabin and the residential refrigerator. Too many other nice things to mention. Waiting out the the 20 degree weather to do the first camp. Hope everything is going well.

danemayer

I know that this thread is about a year old, but anyway, we picked up our 3160 EL last weekend. We had a 40 foot Montana, wanted to down size a little. : ) Love the huge window in the main cabin and the residential refrigerator. Too many other nice things to mention. Waiting out the the 20 degree weather to do the first camp. Hope everything is going well.

Hi kg_nc,

Congratulations on the new Bighorn and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. If you have any questions, try browsing the appropriate area of the forum, or using the built-in search engine. And of course, also feel free to post questions.

We have a number of owner-written user guides that you may find helpful. You can get to them by clicking on the TOOLS button at top of page and selecting HUG - Heartland User Guides. Or you can use this link.

Oregon_Camper

Just brought our 3160 home last Saturday...LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Grizpaul

Hi Paul, we too are strongly looking at the BH3160EL. Did you use a local dealer and if so, which one. We are over in muscle shoals.

Grizpaul

I was in too much of a hurry to also ask what hitch you decided on and what tow vehicle you have. Thank in advance for your replies. Paul

I just bought a 2016 3160 el. Getting ready to take it camping for the first time. Does anyone know what size the sleeper sofa is? Not sure what size sheets will fit it.