Anyone Else See This Coming

DW_Gray

I figured you would. I felt it was important to mention for the benefit others.

As I have reviewed J2807 more, I've confirmed that RV Tow Check complies with paragraph 5.6 (GVWR and GCWR).

One important item to note about 5.6 is that it states that the "Resultant TWR shall be no greater than the least of:". One of the formulas pertains to rear GAWR. I have found that this formula will rarely be the least "Resultant". Hence, one reason I replaced my first towing capacity app.

One thing I believe to be true, the majority of salespeople and dealers know none of the J2807 details and probably care less. Heck, they don't even know what's in the owner's manuals. To them, the max published TWR is the bottom line Biblical truth for every towing situation.

I agree, I never intended it to be a consumer loophole but it is a way for the Manufacturer to continue to manipulate the consumer into buying their product knowing full well that we cannot use the truck the same way it is tested. "Do as I say not as I do" consumers do need to calculate the weight and make the best decision based on what they are comfortable with. Thanks for all you do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your right about the salesmen, the tow rating is the gospel and if your truck is close your good man! I see a lot of threads about being over GVWR across all size trucks and I thought, there had to be a common link to all this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Australia, I don't get it

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

danemayer

Australia, I don't get it

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

Carl,

When you joined the forum, you must have accidentally set your location to Australia. That location shows up on the left margin of every post you make.

If you can't update that yourself, send a PM to cookie with the correct info and I'm sure he can fix it.

carl.swoyer

That's really funny lol