anyone removed the metal frame for shower door on a Gateway 3650?

The metal frame for our glass shower/bath door has leaked from day one. There was no caulking anywhere, and so water would just pour under and through it. We caulked it all up in the fall, but it's apparently worn off, and our bedroom floor in the next room was wet and there was water pouring out into my hallway after my kids took a shower. The shower door was not open, i checked, it was leaking under the metal frame. My question is this, has anyone just removed the thing? The handles broke off the door after a month, and several other pieces of hardware have broken off as well, it's just a terribly shoddy thing, and I am wanting it gone. I'm considering removing it and getting a shower curtain and rod. But I'm afraid to remove it if the plastic under isn't a solid piece. Thanks if you have any insight!

Turtlpwr

I know some other Gateway 3650BH owners have taken the metal railing off since it was installed backwards at the factory so the drain holes were facing AWAY from the shower. DUH! Hopefully they will chime in soon to let you know. Mine was installed the correct way, but also had ZERO caulking and leaked badly. I put a whole glob of clear silicon caulking on both the inside and outside of the railing and everything looks good...for now. :)

Happy camping!!

Oh man! Ours is installed the right way, but there are holes at the ends on the inside where water just poured out, we caulked those and all the edges up. The handles though, and other parts of the door broke off after a few uses though! It's a really a piece of junk. I just really want to know if it's a solid piece before taking it off, in case I were to have a hard time getting it back on. I'm really tempted to just do it though. They make those triangular plastic pieces you can glue down in the corners to help keep water from coming out. I'll try not to do it before DH gets back in town :)