Anyone Stayed at Mobile Home Parks?

rxbristol

Does anyone have experience staying at mobile home parks vs. RV parks? We're full timing and are currently staying at a very nice RV park, but they're going up on their rates ($500 a month and 15 cents per Kw). We looked around and found a half empty mobile home park and the rate is $200 per month and you contract with your electric provider of choice (5.4 cents per Kw). There are other RVs in the park and we're staying in this area for quite some time. A lot is 25 foot wide by 100 foot long. The only draw backs that I see is I'll have to mow the yard and I'll miss the RV community, but with a savings of $400 a month, I think I can live with that.

MTPockets

We've stayed in a Florida Mobile Home park. About 400 sites and maybe 40 RV sites intermingled. A good monthly rate and very nice park. Most important I think would be the people. As long as you're comfortable, go for it.

MCTalley

We've stayed in a Florida Mobile Home park. About 400 sites and maybe 40 RV sites intermingled. A good monthly rate and very nice park. Most important I think would be the people. As long as you're comfortable, go for it.

Combination MH/RV parks in sunbelt states tend to be nicer. They're generally hoping if you become a regular (especially in the winter) in your RV that you might eventually buy/rent a fixed unit in the MH section. That's what my grandparents ended up doing over time wintering in the same combination park in Ft. Myers for years.

I'd say if you feel comfortable staying there (drive around it in the evening?) then the monthly savings could definitely go towards hiring a local to take care of the lawn.

rxbristol

You could probably hire someone to mow the grass with the $400 savings

Well, we moved in today. Jim, I've already hired a guy down the road to mow when I need it...he comes highly recommended from a couple of elderly residents. Everyone seems very friendly and welcoming. No crime logged here in the last year according to the police department. I just paid my rent for the rest of the month--$124!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We have stayed in several...we are in one right now. $225 a month plus electric. Nice big yard, quiet community and we too have to cut the grass...worth it to me!! We find it to be much nicer, especially when we have these long term jobs...

Well, we moved in today. Jim, I've already hired a guy down the road to mow when I need it...he comes highly recommended from a couple of elderly residents. Everyone seems very friendly and welcoming. No crime logged here in the last year according to the police department. I just paid my rent for the rest of the month--$124!

Congrats!