Anyone towing with a lifted dually?

Bones

And just fyi with my bully and the ID sct tunes she rolled 503hp/896tq to the rear...all stock exhaust....that was a race tune tho...on Mustang dyno....I wouldn't drive it in that mode...I don't think the turbo would last (although the new ones have an improved design over the 11-13)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
Impressive

IronJ

I agree...was told it was in the top 5 of the 6.7 with stock exhaust they ever done to date

I drove it with that tune only once...it's just got wicked power and nearly no turbo lag.....I was just sure it was gonna break something...lol

I just normally leave it on the tow tune. ...all the kids n thier smokey dodges wanna race all the time....but I been there done that...I just enjoy my toys and take care of them...If it's fast I wanna do this isn't the vehicle for that. ...I got a cple that are a "lil" quicker...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

wfo_180

I am running a 2011 F350 6.7 with a mild 4" lift and I am also looking for a way to level out the trailer when towing. Front end runs high on my torque 291 which puts a bigger strain on the rear tires of the trailer as well as it does not tow as well as it should. If they made a pin box that came straight out instead of dropping I would be in good shape. I would prefer not to go with this method... as I do not want the trailer higher than it is. https://www.etrailer.com/question-40668.html

danemayer

I am running a 2011 F350 6.7 with a mild 4" lift and I am also looking for a way to level out the trailer when towing. Front end runs high on my torque 291 which puts a bigger strain on the rear tires of the trailer as well as it does not tow as well as it should. If they made a pin box that came straight out instead of dropping I would be in good shape. I would prefer not to go with this method... as I do not want the trailer higher than it is. https://www.etrailer.com/question-40668.html

Hi wfo_180,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great bunch of helpful people here so I expect you'll get some feedback shortly.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
In the Cummins, The delete kits eliminate the exhaust gas getting recirculated back into the motor. It also eliminates the particulate filter in the exhaust system. It helps with horsepower and fuel mileage.

I was toying around with the idea of doing this to my pick up until last week. I was pulled over by the CO DOT coming home. He checked the usual stuff but never went back to his vehicle to verify in the "system". Asked me to open my hood and then crawled underneath. He said he was looking for emissions equipment. I asked him what the fine was for not having the correct equipment and he said it starts at $2500.00 and they can impound your vehicle and only a dealer is authorized to bring it back to stock. Kinda changed my mind about doing anything.

danemayer

Wow! First time I've ever heard of anything like that. Is there something about the appearance of your truck that would make CO DOT think they should spend time looking under your hood?

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Wow! First time I've ever heard of anything like that. Is there something about the appearance of your truck that would make CO DOT think they should spend time looking under your hood?

He said he was just checking my vehicle because they can. He was really nice about things. One of my neighbors has a 10 F 350 and he was stopped coming out of WY for the same reason. It is my guess that they can make some cash from this and in budget tight times fines that big would be helpful.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I guess the moral of the story is this . . .

If you buy a truck to pull a 5th-wheeler . . . then don't put a lift kit on it!

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
How does a CDOT official go about "profiling" people who mod their emissions? You or your truck must have the "look" Mike.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
RE: Deletes:
I deleted my 2011 Ram...went from 15.6 mpg to 22+ mpg...I replaced all the deletes with factory equipment that was hollowed out so at any DPS check point, it appeared to be stock..When I sold the 11 Ram, I replaced all the original equipment and programed the tuner back to stock... The deletes cost me about $1800 and sold the truck at 105,000 miles....if you are not going to run the truck up to 500,000 miles, I am not sure it is worth the deletes....On my 2016 the dealer wanted to know if I wanted to delete it...I decided not too....I am getting about 22 MPG on the hwy and 14.5 towing for now...with 11,000 miles on the truck....I think it will improve over time...Each Ram I have had, has increased at 25,000 miles, and again at 75,000 miles...I did not lift the truck to bring attention to it...everything appeared to be as it arrived from the factory...
In my opinion, the Deletes are a great aftermarket product providing you live in an area that doesn't require emissions testing. I am rural so it is not a problem in this area..

IronJ

I guess the moral of the story is this . . .

If you buy a truck to pull a 5th-wheeler . . . then don't put a lift kit on it!
Not really?..
...im on trailer # 5 and lifted truck #8 to pull em with....not an issue ....if done right and with towing in mind

The emmissions...well..cant say...never had an emmissions inspection or test.....i still have the emmissons gear on my dually hauler, tho it is tuned.....at some point it will go...

Egr is not good for an engine...dont care what anyone says...

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We have to have emission tests every two years here . . . major PITA!

There is a movement to get rid of them since it has apparently been proven that we no longer need them.

But emissions test are a major money maker, so you know how that goes!

IronJ

Ive grown up and lived mostly in tx all my life...i think only my wifes cars have emmission stuff...and my one dually...all my other cars/bikes/trucks have pretty much a header tube and a flowmaster muffler.....

I cant imagine living in a place that actually TESTS the truck!! Lol

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
How does a CDOT official go about "profiling" people who mod their emissions? You or your truck must have the "look" Mike.

I guess the profile would be diesel powered pickup. From what I read last night it is a federal "crime" so to speak to alter the emissions equipment as they are federally mandated. The companies that still sell the delete kits are doing so as for off road use only.

wfo_180

Not really?..
...im on trailer # 5 and lifted truck #8 to pull em with....not an issue ....if done right and with towing in mind

The emmissions...well..cant say...never had an emmissions inspection or test.....i still have the emmissons gear on my dually hauler, tho it is tuned.....at some point it will go...

Egr is not good for an engine...dont care what anyone says...

Whose kit are using to raise the trailer?

IronJ

I've never lifted a trailer, and at 13'6" I don't think I would want to...all my trucks are lifted, and while my new one DOES have a tuner it's not deleted (YET).

My trailer rides 2" nose high on The aftermarket tires, but level with the stock size with the lift.