Anyone towing with a lifted dually?

IronJ

Those are 35x12.5x22...but I will be using a diff set of wheels/tires to tow anywhere far....it is crazy how the new suspension blows away the stock ride quality

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

IronJ

21d88338761d61d053ded5f047a23f04.jpg

She pretty fat bottomed...lol

Tow tires/wheels in the bed...

Bones

21d88338761d61d053ded5f047a23f04.jpg

She pretty fat bottomed...lol

Got Hips!! :) How come you can't tow with those tires? I may do something a little more aggressive with my tires but not too far from stock. I don't want to mess too much with the air leveling.

IronJ

Oh I can tow with those no problem 3500lb rated wheel and 3150lb per tire...

But mud tires tend to wear out fast when towing. ..and that setup was way north of 6k$....so if the trip is a long one (over 500 miles) I'll swap the tow setup on

IronJ

Nope...the rims are custom made for that application...they do look almost touching in that pic, but there is approx 2.5 inches between...I'll get a better pic..it was late and I was tired. .lol

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I love the look. I have a set Wheels in my cart ready to order but I can't pull the trigger. The 2018 RAMs are to be redesigned. Might have to wait....

Bones

I love the look. I have a set Wheels in my cart ready to order but I can't pull the trigger. The 2018 RAMs are to be redesigned. Might have to wait....
You'll be waiting a long time because after the 2018's the 2020 will be redesigned then the 2022 and the 2024 :)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Oh I can tow with those no problem 3500lb rated wheel and 3150lb per tire...

But mud tires tend to wear out fast when towing. ..and that setup was way north of 6k$....so if the trip is a long one (over 500 miles) I'll swap the tow setup on

Well, put en on and come to the Quanah Rally!! March 10-13!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronJ

Lol..I was waiting for a 17 350....but said heck with it and modded this one....

I'll just do it again when I get a 17 or 18...lol

IronJ

Looks good! Almost a twin to mine. Love the rims!
Thanks they are really nice trucks to begin with..!!!!..my mess with it list is now

Bds 4link suspension lift
Fox 2.0 shocks
Fox 2.0 dual steering stabilizer
Air lift bags with wireless remote
Amp auto steps
Amp bed steps
Bakflip g2
Bedrug
Bullydog tuner
Afe intake
Recon mirror and cab lights (smoked)
Recon smoked led tail lights
Recon escalade style third brake light
Custom gator back flaps (on order)
Custom painted grill and mirror caps
Lokpic air stereo mod
Dual 7" monitors in head rests
Fuel Maverick 22×8.5 wheels
Fuel m/t 35×12.5x22
Custom billet fender emblems
Hid fog conversion
!!! ...

Can't leave well enough alone! Hahah

IronJ

I'm still using the ford oem pucks and B&W companion....

Worked out well because my other truck had the B&W turnover so I only had to buy the base for this one and I can just switch the head portion if I want to swap

Tailgate height (unloaded no air) is 58"...

That is with new wheels/tires

The tow setup is a 33" tire so I'm "assuming" the height would be 56" ish...

I was at 60" with my last rig and the trailer was about 3" nose high hitched and. Level....

I may not hit a 100% true level with this one but well see

BLHFUN

That works - Same set up and I'm just short of 58". I use the B&W on the lowest Rear setting and my 4200 is within 1 inch of level with 8 plus inches between bedrails and the cap. The 22's make it look taller -

Attachments

• F350.JPG
    F350.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 50

IronJ

Yeah I seriously considered putting 20"s on it, as not only were they cheaper, I already had 4 almost brand new nitto trail grapplers sitting in my shop so it woulda been MUCHO cheaper...lol...buuuuuuuut....it didn't happen. ..lol

I'm just still blown away by the ride quality of the 4link and fox combo....with the cushioned pin box on the 420 it should tow real fine...took her on a short 100 mile round trip yesterday. ...that titan tank is gonna be a blessing as I was pulling 10-11mpg at 75 on cruise......ah well...diesel is 1.60 here for now ...

IronJ

Just a side note on gas mileage, I was getting 10-11 at closer...
to 88mph...

The dang shop didn't change tire size on the programmer!!...so my 77mph "cruise" setting was a little off...lol..

Bones

Just a side note on gas mileage, I was getting 10-11 at closer...
to 88mph...

The dang shop didn't change tire size on the programmer!!...so my 77mph "cruise" setting was a little off...lol..

did you tow the tires right off the rig? :cool: