Arizona Campgrounds - need ideas...

RobP

Need some advice....... Looks like we will be headed to the Phoenix area in January and be there through May. There are so many freaking campgrounds I don't even know where to start. :confused: Anybody had good, bad experiences there. I would like to do some workamping if I could find something but I know it's Peak season so that might be hard to find.

Will the 55 plus parks let younger people in?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Lynn1130

You may need to be a little more specific about what you are looking for and where. Campground in a forest/NP or an RV park? East Valley such as Mesa, Tempe, Chandler or West Valley such as Glendale, Sun City, El Mirage. There are RV parks around most of the Valley but finding a spot in the nice ones may be difficult this late in the season. I am sure there are some Snowbirds on here who can give some direction but it would help to narrow it down some. And yes there are a bunch. We have about 3.5 million people here not to mention the hundreds of thousands of snowbirds this time of year.

And you would have to check with the individual 55 plus park but the chances are that they will not allow anyone under that age due to legal restrictions.

Good luck. It is 72 degrees here right now and we are in a cold snap. LOL

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We stayed at the Destiny RV resort off W Van Buren St. near Goodyear AZ in APRIL for a few days. Good rate FHU pool spa laundry etc although Internet was extra. Inquired about snowbird rate and felt it was reasonable but don't have that handy to pass along. Not sure what their availability might be as some other folks we spoke with said the park was full prior to our arrival. We would definitely stay there again.

RobP

I got a spot booked at Desert Shadows RV Resort for right now. My wife's Job is in the Peoria/Glendale area so it's close for her. Anybody stayed there? I checked the RV Parks Reviews, has a lot of good comments.

aatauses

Deserts Edge (purple park) is a nice place and will allow under 55.
al
currently in crystal River, FL