ATF: Big Country - Axle serial #

Bob Vaughn

While trying to order disc brake conversion kits I was asked for the axle serial numbers of my Dexter Flex axle's. I looked on the back side of them, which is where Dexter said they were. I slithered under my BC and cannot see anything that even resembles a number. Does Heartland have a record of what the number of the axle's that was installed on my camper? If so could I get them?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Contact HL, and ask. I'm surprised Dexter can't figure it out from the tag?!?

BTW, my tag is on top of the axle, and the stamped number is upside down on the side facing the rear of the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titanguy

Bob,
The only thing needed to make sure you have a proper fitment on disc brakes is the stud size, 7k & 8k axles are all 8 hole but have 1/2", 9/16" & 5/8" studs.
The only other thing is do you have a never lube axle?(sealed bearing) If you have a grease zerk on the end of your axle it is an easy lube.

Bob Vaughn

Bob,
The only thing needed to make sure you have a proper fitment on disc brakes is the stud size, 7k & 8k axles are all 8 hole but have 1/2", 9/16" & 5/8" studs.
The only other thing is do you have a never lube axle?(sealed bearing) If you have a grease zerk on the end of your axle it is an easy lube.
I do have the zerk on the end of the axle.....

Titanguy

That is good news! Keeps the price down. Next is to figure out what size stud you have. Take a lug nut off, some are marked. If not take it to Home Depot and thread on a 9/16" or 1/2" rod. Auto Parts should be able to help.That should be all you need to get the fitment correct.