ATF: Big Country - End Caps Fading

Khanneman

We purchased a Big Country a year ago and Both our front and rear end caps are horribly faded after 1 year of use. Is there anything that can be done? Should this be warranty?

jimtoo

Hi Khanneman,

I see you have been a member of the forum for a while. Welcome to the posting side.

I would suggest you take some pictures, have your VIN and call Heartland customer service and ask for some help.

Let us know how it goes.

Jim M

stevenssr

Dark colors and the sun are a troublesome combination. I guess I was hoping for it to behave somewhat like car paint since the caps are painted. Please let us know how it turns out.

jimtoo

Dark colors and the sun are a troublesome combination. I guess I was hoping for it to behave somewhat like car paint since the caps are painted. Please let us know how it turns out.

Khanneman's end caps are probably not painted, but color in the fiberglass gel coat. This has had some problems in the past according to other owners. I think the painted caps are doing OK.

Ndrhsr

If your big country is an '11 grey in color the fading is very common
. many of us have used a high gloss floor wax called ZEP. there are many posts here about its use & the process forapplying it. much less expensive than paint.

Last edited:

stevenssr

Khanneman's end caps are probably not painted, but color in the fiberglass gel coat. This has had some problems in the past according to other owners. I think the painted caps are doing OK.

That's good news. Thanks Jim!