ATF: Big Country - Inoperative awning strip lights

Peoples

I recently purchased a new 2014 big country 345 ots the awning light defect was observed before we took delivery. The dealer advised they would order the parts and I would have to return for the repair. This would cost me a 200 mile round trip to repair a minor problem.
Is there something I could check that would save me a long trip? The powered awning system extend and retract work fine.
Thank you

jimtoo

Hi Peoples,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Do you have a remote for some of the lights and door lock? I think some are controlled by a remote, have you checked the 12v fuses and tried all the switches? I'm sure some of our other members will jump in with better information, but this is a place to start.

Keep us informed as to the fix.

Jim M

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I recently purchased a new 2014 big country 345 ots the awning light defect was observed before we took delivery. The dealer advised they would order the parts and I would have to return for the repair. This would cost me a 200 mile round trip to repair a minor problem.
Is there something I could check that would save me a long trip? The powered awning system extend and retract work fine.
Thank you

The led lights are very easy to install if you are the least bit handy. I would have dealer forward them to you or just call heartland directly and give them your vin number and explain issue and have them send them to you. I have replaced two sets now on my same rig. Just match up the red and black wires that go in behind the part of the awning that attaches to the trailer, I used two butt connectors to do this. PM if you have any questions.

Andy

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi Peoples,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Do you have a remote for some of the lights and door lock? I think some are controlled by a remote, have you checked the 12v fuses and tried all the switches? I'm sure some of our other members will jump in with better information, but this is a place to start.

Keep us informed as to the fix.

Jim M

The BC remote does not control the awning lights, just slides, awning and scare lights.