ATF: Big Country - Mattress type

Bob Vaughn

The mattress that came in my 2011 Big Country says" COUNTRY REST, PILLOW TOP MADE EXCLUSIVELY FOR HEARTLAND" can you tell me what type of mattress this is ? I am going to replace this mattress and do not want to purchase another of this type....

Bob Vaughn

I have been looking on line and in stores for a replacement and have done a lot of research and have come to the conclusion that mattress shopping has been the worse experience of my long life. At lease when you shop for trucks there are numbers to compare, not so with mattresses. It is impossible to compare brands, models, materials........now I know why there are so many mattress stores.......there must be a thousand percent profit in each mattress because there never seems to be any customers in the stores. I have a headache from reading so much information. And I do not have the info to make an informed decision.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
That's why people have mattresses long after the "8 years" one company says is the life of a mattress! It's too darn hard to compare.

We like our sleep number bed, if we don't feel comfortable one night, just change the number. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JonV

We were lucky to be able to order our trailer rather than buy one of the lot. We ordered a queen size bed to give a little more room in the bedroom. The mattress in our trade in was less than a year old and we had paid over to CDN$600.00. We had them swapped when taking delivery. When we went full time we put the $1600.00 Sealy in the trailer from our bedroom. Our only complaint is that it is 16 inches thick so it took a bit of getting used to at that height but we dont notice it after 2 years. We would not have anything less now.

The mattress that came in my 2011 Big Country says" COUNTRY REST, PILLOW TOP MADE EXCLUSIVELY FOR HEARTLAND" can you tell me what type of mattress this is ? I am going to replace this mattress and do not want to purchase another of this type....

GOTTOYS

I can't imagine there is a store anywhere that would try and sell any mattress as bad as these are..Just get a good name brand that feels comfortable to you. Almost anything will be better...Don

dbbls59

The mattress is the best that $200 can buy. If you like the mattress you use at home I suggest you get one like it.

Bob Vaughn

We ended up buying a mattress at Sams Club....The mattress that came in the Big country was so flimsy that we could twist it to get it out of the bedroom.....I was able to load it on my truck by myself to take it to the dump. The Serta Perfect sleeper we bought was so heavy I had to take the door off the bedroom and have my neighbor and fellow Heartlander come help me and my wife get it into the bedroom. It did not bend like the one that came in the rv. There is such a difference in the two mattresses......Now to sleep on it......