ATF: Big Country - NorCold Fridge

403city

We have used our new 3150RL half a dozen times now, get compliments every time we go out. The only problem so far is a fridge that does not refrigerate. Going on 3 weeks waiting for an answer on when it is coming. On what planet is this deemed acceptable. Speaking to others this is a common problem with these fridges. Why would you have a business relationship with a supplier that is 4 weeks delivery on a problem part. When we purchased this unit it was with the expectation that these are of a higher quality than many others. Now after year one ( we have had in our possession for 3 months ) the unit has been at the dealership for repair more than at my house to be used, great start. Is there nothing that can be done to expedite this or should I just plan on winterizing it after using it 3 weekends this year.
Thanks,
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum.
Do you know what part has been ordered?
Who is working on the refrigerator? Certified by Norcold?
Heartland used to install Dometic refrigerators, but after a bunch of complaints and owner requests they went to Norcold. The only two games in town.
Have you called Norcold to check on the reason for delayed parts? It is not unheard of for dealers to put things off.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Hi Dave,

Last time I needed a refrigerator part it was for my Dometic unit. Dometic and most suppliers ship parts using the least expensive method. By the time they process the order, actually get it out the door, and have it delivered, two weeks is not uncommon. You can add to that the time it takes the dealer to actually place the order. Then the dealer may take a couple more days after it arrives, before they actually schedule the repair.

I had one occasion where I needed faster turnaround time. At my request, the service writer called Dometic and asked for overnight shipping (at my expense). The repair was completed the next day. It cost me $25, but I got the repair turned around in 1 day. I think the case of beer I gave to the service team after the prior repair might have helped.

jbeletti

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and thank you for being a Big Country owner. Sorry to hear about your refer. I know we went with the Norcold 18 cubic foot model as a standard in BC this year, so I'm guessing that's what you have.

Please advise here what the part is and who has it on order? Also, consider giving Heartland Customer Service a quick call as soon as you read this. The number is 877-262-8032. They answer the phones 8-5 EST, M-F. Give them your VIN and they can confirm if the dealer has this logged into their system and if the dealer has ordered a part through Heartland or not. There's a chance the dealer has ordered the part direct from Norcold and as such, Heartland may not have visibility to that.

403city

Well Hello, thanks for the responses
This is a warranty replacement ( guess I should be happy about that )
I just cannot wrap my head around having to wait for weeks while the supplier
decides when he wants to replace the appliance that he supplied that does not work.
Brand new unit got to use 3 weekends in 3 months.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Keep yelling at the dealer to get you repaired. Remember the 'squeeky wheel gets the grease".