ATF: Big Country - Sewer Hose Storage

We have a 2015 Big Country 3596RE and there is no storage tube for the sewer hose. I can't believe the factory did not include it. There is a compartment to store the fittings, but not the hose. That said has anyone had to add storage and if so, where did you mount the storage tube. It looks like there may be room in front of the rear jacks. Any other ideas?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Some people keep them in a tote in the basement. Others buy the round tubes that CW has. I made my own from fence tubing and 2 end caps and mounted with aluminum straps.

Attachments

• trailer mods 021 (Large).jpg
    trailer mods 021 (Large).jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 67
  • trailer mods 022 (Large).jpg
    trailer mods 022 (Large).jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 62
  • trailer mods 023 (Large).jpg
    trailer mods 023 (Large).jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 62

dbbls59

My 2012 has sewer storage compartment just above the sewer outlet. I'm surprised the quit providing that. It wouldn't be too hard to make one yourself. It was behind the J wrap. All you would need is a door and enclose the area behind the J wrap to contain the hose.

Some people keep them in a tote in the basement. Others buy the round tubes that CW has. I made my own from fence tubing and 2 end caps and mounted with aluminum straps.

Thank you, I will mount tubes to store as I don't want to keep in tubs. This is our 8th RV and have never had one that did not come with storage. Still love the Big Country!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
One thing could be the "drop frame". Makes the front low to the ground.

Last edited:

pegmikef

These are the ones you can buy from Heartland customer service with a ten percent discount for HOC members.

Attachments

• sewr4.JPG
    sewr4.JPG
    217.5 KB · Views: 83
  • sewr3.JPG
    sewr3.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 74

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
MY 2009 BH3670 also has a storage compartment. I get two lengths of compressed RhinoFlex hose in there. The twist-on valve, clear adapter and some other adapters I use get thoroughly rinsed and put in a small tote in the basement. At home, they get a real bath before going into storage.

chaplady

My 2015 big country came with hose storage tube mounted to frame set back a bit from front jacks.

gasman

Camp Socializer
My 2015 has a small 4" tube behind the front jacks. It is too small or the fittings so I purchased a piece of 6" PVC and mounted it to the frame just behind the small sewer tube. I can leave the fittings on when I store the hose.

'Lil Guy'

Does anyone know if the 2016 BH3270RS comes with a storage for the sewer hose? If not, I need to order one so I don't have to carry it in the storage bay. Thanks in advance

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
One good thing to say about having the rear bumper . . .

I store the sewer hose in there.

pegmikef

Does anyone know if the 2016 BH3270RS comes with a storage for the sewer hose? If not, I need to order one so I don't have to carry it in the storage bay. Thanks in advance

My 2014 came with one and I ordered and installed the second one.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I also mounted 2, 1 for the main hose and 1 for the 15' extension hose. Then I made a cover for the camp side.

b5bb4e2a1b9cf4317ad8df4fbc02a800.jpg

d333e9efebc1093eb162136ad6662591.jpg

3d19abaab2b550e54a8e7996680c8fed.jpg