ATF: Big Country - Water Leak on 09 BC

I have a 2009 Big Country 3285. I have a water leak on the left side of the basement. I have pulled out the walls and I do not see anything. I have checked all of the hoses and water lines and have not noticed it. It appears to be intermittent. It has been doing it for about 4 months. I notice the carpet is all
wet and it is right below the drain pipe to the bathroom sink. I have checked
the drain pipe and do not see any water or moisture on the pipe. Has anybody experienced this? Any Ideas?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Water leaks can be tricky to find. Water wants to run wherever it feels it can make finding the leak most difficult for you to find.
If your carpet is wet below the bathroom sink, be sure to check all the fittings to be sure they are tight.
Also be sure to check the bowl seal to the counter top. Observe below while splashing some water there.
If you suspect a fitting leak try wrapping the fittings with toilet paper. That is a great way to find a slow leak.
If you solve your leak problem, come back and let us know what you found.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Check the supply lines to the sink faucet under the sink. They can loosen and drip. Also check the drain to sink flange nut. It, too, can loosen and leak. If it drips on the drain pipe, it will course down until it finds a low point and drop onto whatever is below it. The water on the piping may dry off in between uses, but the carpet retains it.

bwc1950

You mention that the leak is intermittent and the pipes in and around the bathroom sink are dry. Any water on the bottom of the sink cabinet? Is the RV level when you notice the leak? In the basement ceiling do you see evidence of water above where the carpet is wet? When exactly do you notice it? After it rains? After you fill the water tank? After you use the bathroom sink? In RV's, water leaks can be really tough to find since they can run downhill sometimes following the framing before finally settling at the lowest point.

Thanks for all of the good ideas. I checked all of the items mentioned above this weekend. I even filled the bathroom sink and let it drain to see if that would produce any leaks, no leaks in the sink noticed, no water in the bathroom under the sink. I did find that the fitting on the connection for the city water hookup was a tiny bit loose so I tightened 1/4 turn I also found the black water sprayer loose about the same amount. I also noticed where the hose hooks up to the connection that the hose was dripping and water would accumulate in the bottom of the water/flush center. I did also noticed that the caulking was cracked on the bottom of the center. I put a paper towel on the back side of the center and I did get some moisture. I suppose that it is possible that having it leak for several days it would get the carpet wet. I recaulked everything and I will see what happens on my next trip. I will also make sure that the hose is not leaking.I will keep you posted.