ATF: Bighorn - BLACK WATER VENT

currituck0209

Which vent on the roof is for the black water, front one for washer, the next two are side by side, is it the inboard or outboard vent.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
There are two methods. The sniff test or have someone flush the toilet and listen at the two vents. Either way your nose will be near the two vents.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Which vent on the roof is for the black water, front one for washer, the next two are side by side, is it the inboard or outboard vent.

I have wondered the same thing on my BH3670. I want to put a cyclone on it.
Some have said to have the DW stick her head in the toilet and yell. Personally, I like getting dinner at night.

Trace

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Or you could just look in the basement at the vent pipes coming from the black tank and Gray #1 (the lavatory tank). Pretty obvious which is which, after that, since they basically go straight up from their respective tanks once they enter the wall space. In the photo, you can see the black tank vent near the toilet pipe. The lavatory tank vent is further over, with the drain from the sink and shower connecting to it.

View attachment 16317

TandT

Or you could just look in the basement at the vent pipes coming from the black tank and Gray #1 (the lavatory tank). Pretty obvious which is which, after that, since they basically go straight up from their respective tanks once they enter the wall space. In the photo, you can see the black tank vent near the toilet pipe. The lavatory tank vent is further over, with the drain from the sink and shower connecting to it.

View attachment 16317

So John, with your observation, which one is it? Door side or off-door side? My back tell me not to crawl in there today. Thanks, Trace

TandT

Door side is the Black water vent on our 2010.
Okay, thanks. I will check closer. Because of the way they place them close together, I think I can only put a cyclone on one, or the other. Trace

K

karykatz

On the side by side vents the black tank vent is the one closest to the door on the 3610RE.

Hope this helps