ATF: Bighorn - Crack in Fiberglass

bobowill

I have a crack in my fiberglass below my bedroom slideout. When I was in Gillette one of your tech supervisors said the crack started from one of the screws and probably was not frame damage. When I return home I went to my repair shop to get it fixed and they filled it. It didn't last, so I told them they should have cut it out and replaced the whole section. They said it was probably a broken frame and they have to remove the slideout. I told them to just cover it up and I would get it fixed later. It now has about a 10" square piece of fibergrasscovering it that is caulked down. I am planning on going to the rally in Goshen and would like to know if you could look at it to see if it is the frame.

danemayer

Hi bobowill,

I'm sorry you're having this problem. Let me suggest taking some pictures, and call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Have your VIN# ready. They'll probably want to look at the pictures and perhaps discuss with the repair shop.

bobowill

I had it looked at locally and it was a broken weld. I decided to get it fixed locally because it was cheaper than the cost of diesel to drive to Goshen. They did a good job for under $1000 and even touched it up a little when it needed it. Any problems and I can take it back to get it fixed.
Bob